1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the Disney & Orlando Secrets Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community...
    It's easy, fast, totally free (and always will be) and you'll be able to start chatting immediately :)

US clothes sizes?

Discussion in 'Shopping & Other Activities' started by jojo, Apr 12, 2010.

1. jojo

jojo Imagineer

were planning to go shopping when were there but no idea if the sizes of clothes are the same as over here as weve heard they use a different system. is there a conversrion chart or some way to find out what size we are

2. arkvilla

arkvilla Addicted to Mickey

They are different to ours.

I think you go down to sizes from the US size to find your UK size e.g. if you ate a UK size 12 you would be a US size 8

I am a UK size 10 and in Florida I have bought various sizes. In Walmart in November I bought myself a jumper which is a childs size, age 7 to 9 years - it fits me lovely.

From Gap I have trousers which are a size 6 but are a bit big on me.

I think maybe they come up big so I would suggest you try things on before you buy.

Hope that helps

Sandra

3. uscwest

uscwest Senior Cast Member

This chart should be able to assist you. There is also a link in the chart to switch to men's sizes.US UK Clothing Conversion

4. Tinkfan

Tinkfan Earning my ears

certain brands tend to run big like the Gap! Womens can vary widely, mens clothing is a little more uniform. Ty is almost ( not quite 5 foot) and he takes a size 12 in childrens, he's just about 90 pounds on a good day! I'm 5'3" and take a size 4 usually sometimes a 6.Hubby is 5'5" and takes a mens medium and size 32 pants.