1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

US Stamps to feature Disney-Pixar Characters

Discussion in 'General News & Rumors' started by Wendy, Aug 17, 2011.

1. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

The United States Postal Service will be selling a line of stamps depicting characters from Disney-Pixar movies, beginning August 19th. The characters were chosen for their friendships and family ties. The new stamps are intended to encourage people to connect with loved ones through the mail.

pixar-stamps.jpg

“The Send a Hello Forever stamps are a natural outgrowth of the Art of Disney stamp series issued between 2004 and 2008. Originally intended as a series of three annual issuances depicting friendship, celebration and romance, the Art of Disney stamps proved so popular that the Postal Service expanded the series to include the issuances in 2007 and 2008 to celebrate imagination and magic,” according to a Disney Consumer Products spokesman.

The group of 20 stamps will include five different designs including Lightning McQueen and Mater from “Cars”; Remy and Linguini from “Ratatouille”; Buzz Lightyear and two of the green, three-eyed aliens from “Toy Story”; Carl Fredricksen and Dug from “Up”; and WALL-E from “WALL-E.”

A first-day-of-issue ceremony will be held at the D23 Expo in Anaheim, Calif., with John Lasseter, the studio’s chief creative officer, and Ronald A. Stroman, deputy postmaster general.

Forever stamps can be used anytime, even after the postal service raises rates. They are valid for the current first-class rate.

2. foreverducky

foreverducky Addicted to Mickey

You know I really *SQUIRREL* love Up! Sure I cried, but I truly adored that story!

3. uscwest

uscwest Senior Cast Member

NOTE: They cannot be used for International mail however.

4. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

Thank you John :hug2:

5. Kate

Kate Serious Forum Regular

I looooooove Doug - isnt he just so gorgeous?! I bought Isabelle a toy one when we went last year, he says everything apart from "squirrel" i couldnt believe he didnt say it!

Those stamps are great, wish we had some like that!