use a travel agent or book yourself?

Discussion in 'Walt Disney World and Disney Springs' started by disneymom, Jul 5, 2009.

1. keith

keith Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Home Page:
    As wdwgrandma says, we do our level best to check out anyone who wants to become a sponsor. We check as much as we can from people who've used them in the past and do the usual company checks.

Of course any business these days can run into unexpected problems, so the usual rule of checking the insurance arrangements goes without saying. However, generally speaking, companies active enough to sponsor forums and participate on a regular basis are generally the most successful anyway and you can normally find plenty of their customers around the forums :yes:

2. weavers

weavers New Member

Domestic
    We always book now with VA for flight Private Villa and carhire direct with budget all paid for on credit card as we are fully protected if anything goes wrong.

3. Freckles

Freckles New Member

We used a travel agent the 1st time-but then came our access to the internet!!!! I do hear some TAs have great deals-but knock on wood- we have never had a problem booking online.

4. Tinker

Tinker Active Member

I use a TA .

5. Vixynne

Vixynne New Member

Middle school teacher of English & Literacy.
    Have always used an agent but only realized the full benefits when I was starting to plan our upcoming Christmas trip. With all my hunting and searching and handwringing, once I turned myself over to a TA, she was able to beat my best DIY package by over 4000 dollars. Without the agent's help, I would have been convinced that the trip I wanted was simply not in my budget!

6. Dawn

Dawn New Member

I've booked our villa direct with the owner this time. We've always just booked direct with Virgin before but for flights and car hire this time I'm turning it over to a TA to see what they can do for me. :D

7. karen2

karen2 New Member

We use a TA just because there's enough to worry about without worrying about things we can leave to the professionals. We feel safer knowing it's all taken care of.

We've used a ta in our local shopping centre but from now on will probably try one of the ones on here