1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Using the DDP?

Discussion in 'Restaurants, Dining, Dining Plans' started by MystikPiglit, Jun 18, 2009.

1. MystikPiglit

MystikPiglit Peace, Love and Mickey Mouse

Can anyone tell me how this actually works...

The room booking is in DH's name so when we order food, can DH order for both of us with his card or do we have to always order our own meals seperately?
  2. Mari

Mari Serious Forum Regular

This is a great question....

I havent used it, but from what Ive read, you get all your credits in your key to the kingdom, but since you ordered the dining plan for 2 people, then you should get enough credits, but I dont know if they are all in one key, or if each person gets his own credits in his own key... ok..Im making no sense at all...
  3. MystikPiglit

:lol:

That's exactly how my head is at the moment... making no sense. :D

Let's hope we get some great answers. :yes:
  4. Debbie2

Debbie2 Speedy!

Any of the 'keys to the world' set up on check in with DDP charging permissions can be used.The total for the whole trip are loaded onto the 'account', not onto individual cards. DD could use her card when she was on her own and whatever credits she used came off the current balance. Just make sure you check the 'balance' on the bottom of the receipt that the correct credits have been deducted.

Hope that's clear :)
  5. Mari

Thank you Debbie!! :)
  6. Debbie2

Debbie2 Speedy!

You're welcome :)
  7. keith

keith Camera nut Staff Member Administrator Forum Host

excellent advice about checking the receipt for credits as well! On several occasions we found that servers had run the card through more than once and the double credits had been used up.

The other thing is to check your credits before going for a meal if you're running a bit low. The restaurants don't, or didn't, seem to help at all if you have a credit problem. Their line is "oh we just swipe it and it tells us if its ok or not. You'll need to speak to the front desk at your resort"

Sooooo all in all, keep a very careful eye on it
  8. Tinkfan

Tinkfan Earning my ears

:thumbsup: I agree Keith, it happened to us 3 times in March and it had never happened before in any of the other trips. Keep a close eye after you use it.
  9. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

Given the many issues I've had with Disney dining (anything!) lately from hideously stupid reservationists at the Disney Dining (ADR) number, to the issues the poor conceirges are now faced with since the new system is terrible, I'd say monitor the points use very carefully.

Some places of course, require two credits per person (YSH, and the like) and some don't. I'd expect problems and check for accuracy each time, that way I'd not be surprised when something cropped up, and would be nicely surprised (and grateful!) if all went well.

I know I must sound like a terrible carpy but I'm getting pretty disgusted with the failings of the needlessly complex Disney systems. :(
  10. keith

completely agree :yes:
  11. MystikPiglit

Thank you very much for your reply, that's perfectly clear. :thumbsup:

Yikes! I'll definitely check carefully. :thumbsup:

Thank you all for your helpful replies. :hug2:
  12. Mari

Thats a GREAT tip!1

I would have NEVER thought of checking how the credits, just assumed they would charge them properly

so.. what happens if they mixed up and took 2 credits instead of 1?? can they fix it? or do you have to go somewhere else to get it resolved and get your credit back?
  13. Debbie2

Debbie2 Speedy!

I checked the usage/balance figures on the receipt every time I used DDP (that's the banker in me!!) Thankfully I haven't had any issues. Best advice would be to check at time of use and hopefully the CM serving you would be able to rectify the problem immediately.

Whether the DDP has been free or paid for it is as good as cash and when you pay for something in cash you would always check your change was correct so treat it the same way and you should be fine :)
  14. MystikPiglit

One more question please... Do you tell the server/counter CM before you place the order that it's on the DDP?
  15. Tinkfan

Tinkfan Earning my ears

I agree Tink, it's needlessly difficult in several areas. Drives me crazy! Why do you have to cancel out a room reservation to add on dining. then you have to go through the whole foolish thing again. Hope things are looking up Tink :hug2:
  16. keith

yep, they'll normally all ask you now at the start "are you on any dining plans?" but even if they don't, you should be sure to tell them
  17. MystikPiglit

18. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

They do ask. :yes: We've taken to telling them no, and then suddenly remembering at the close of the meal that we have the TIW card. Sounds mean, but when we tell them ahead of time, service suffers. I am totally serious. We've done our own informal survey on the whole thing.

If you have TIW, try it. "Forget" you have the card until the end, then the next meal tell them, then the next meal, "forget" and so on. Pick your criteria ahead of time and "judge" each based on the same criteria. The difference between service is remarkable.
  19. MystikPiglit

Yikes, that's not good. Walt would not approve. :nono:
  20. keith

'tis true, we've noticed the same. Once they know they're guaranteed the tip, most of the time they're not interested in going the extra mile.

Of course this should come as no surprise to anyone and is exactly the reason why enforced gratuities are such a completely brain dead, awful idea!

We had a couple of servers last time who, once they found our we had a tables in wonderland card, disappeared for the whole service. Food was brought by other people, no drink top ups unless we flagged someone down etc. Bill was left on the table without a word.