1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

VA upgrading

Discussion in 'Transportation & Travel' started by Isafari, Feb 28, 2009.

1. Isafari

Isafari Wild Animal Expert

How do I use my VA flying club points to upgrade from economy to premium economy? Are there only a certain number of these upgrades available?
    Sorry....I have no idea how this works.

Also, what about companion flights...how do you get those?

2. Slowhand

Slowhand Cruise Director Forum Host

Good luck with this one Diane!
    This is something that I always do over the phone to VA. Earning the miles and companion flights is easy peasy, taking advantage of them is another matter! :argue:
    They only have a limited number of reward seats available, and in fact some of them are only released a week or so before your flight which makes it tough if you are like me and want to get everything sorted way in advance of my travel plans.

Having said that so far [touch wood] we have been able to get our upgrades from PE to UC on our return journeys without too much of a hassle, mainly because we can be very flexible with our travel dates.
    I was on the phone only last week to a very helpful guy at VA who managed to sort things out for me for our trip in September this year.

Personally I would give them a call if I were you.

3. Isafari

Thanks Terry :)

Has anyone used their points for anything other than flight upgrades/companion seats?

4. Skywatcher

Skywatcher Chief Astronomer

Another vote for talking on the phone - Virgin employs some TOP people and if you catch a good one they will talk though and work out all the best options for you. I rang with enough for companion seats but ended up saving £££ by just using Miles +money

they will work it though any number of ways to save you money but I'd always always call

5. MystikPiglit

MystikPiglit Peace, Love and Mickey Mouse

We booked with VH and are converting our miles into VH vouchers. :thumbsup:

6. Isafari

Wow....didn't know you could do that. Do you have any details on this Diane?

Trouble is, if we ever go to Florida, it always has to be in or near the school holidays and, especially near the Christmas time, we need to book in advance as the outward journey is usually a full plane. I don't think you get any good deals in this situation.

7. Skywatcher

Skywatcher Chief Astronomer

No but if you have someone trying to work around its always easier than typing online

8. MystikPiglit

MystikPiglit Peace, Love and Mickey Mouse

You just ring Flying Club and ask to redeem miles for Virgin Holidays vouchers. You get £50 per 10,000. I don't know if upgrading etc gives you a better deal but this worked out well for us. :)

9. mainecoon lover

mainecoon lover Addicted to Mickey

I managed to use 30000 of ours with miles and money the other day for UC. It really is by chance that we got them. I had been looking since they went on sale and nothing. I booked VH in the end but for some reason went on a few weeks ago and checked and were able to get two seats at an excellent price. We will use the rest of ours to convert to VH vouchers as it will pay for our car hire :thumbsup: