1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

value v moderate?

Discussion in 'Resorts, Hotels, DVC, Villas' started by mickey10, Jun 14, 2011.

1. mickey10

mickey10 Earning my ears

ok deluxe is sadly out :( but between the value resorts and the moderates, what more do we get by going moderate?
  2. uscwest

uscwest Senior Cast Member

You get a slightly larger room and a refrigerator. And generally you get a bit less noise.
  3. catrancher

catrancher Assistant Cruise Director Forum Host

Also the availability of a sit down restaurant on premises rather than just a food court.

If that matters to you. :unsure:

Tom :)macwave:... restaurants always matter to me!)
  4. foreverducky

foreverducky Addicted to Mickey

Yes, I have paid the varying prices for the different types of resorts, however, in the end, I don't spend much time in the room unless I'm not feeling well. By the time I get in, in the evening I'm tired and just crash. In the morning I'm getting up and around for the day, then heading out.
  5. gwennie81

gwennie81 Earning my ears

I'm all about the Value. But that's mostly because I don't spend a lot of time in the room. If I'm feeling like I want to "splurge" for a, in some cases, a much nicer room, I'll spring for a moderate. But in the end, a room is a room.

For the Values resorts, the properties are pretty much carbon copies of one another if you take off the Music, Movie, and Sports themes. Pop Century is a slightly nicer version. My rooms at Pop have been very clean and I think it is my fave Value.

The Moderate resorts all have specific themes and the room break-downs start to vary. I think my fave in this category is PO Riverside. Quiet property. Lovely rooms. The amenities and food choices on property are nice as well.

Maybe the fun thing is to decide based on your favorite theme. Would you like to stay in the Wilderness, the Deep South, the Caribbean, a sports arena?....LOL!

For you, you will have to weigh how many days you're staying and if this trip to Disney is a "once in a lifetime" or not. It all boils down to costs in the end. You you rather have a nicer room or more money for nicer meals and more souveniers?
  6. foreverducky

Gwen, you're right about the theme. I have chosen a hotel based on a theme, however, that is usually after price and location have been determined. I do not like the theme of POR and would not choose to stay there, though I know many people who love it. I absolutely love the feel/theme of the WL and splurged once to be surrounded by idea of being in a cabin.
  7. WDW Vet

WDW Vet Forum Advertiser

Room size as posted before is not much difference, about 60 sq ft. Rooms are double beds at value with rooms at CS having queens and some upgraded rooms at other moderates offering queens. But generally the same bedding. Moderates offer pools with feature slides as values are only themed. Moderates offer quiet pools as the value do not. At moderates you have the food court and a full service restaurant and lounge. Moderates also have both boat and biking rentals.

Any Disnet resort guest can dine at any resort. They can rent boats and bikes anywhere but they can only use the pool at their own resort. Those are thw main differences.
  8. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

My very first stay at WDW included the Beach Club followed by three days at All Star Music. (We couldn't get the entire holiday at the Beach Club, so we did most of the days at BC, filling the ending days in at All Star Music).

I came away loving both resorts for very different reasons. Beach Club remains my favorite deluxe, and All Stars are my favorite values.

The Value resorts are wonderful fun. The food courts are comprehensive and especially at All Stars feature a wide variety of options (unlike many of the full service restaurants at the mods and deluxes!). There are lovely pool bars (and Pop Century has an indoor bar/lounge area) with bar tenders who make great margaritas on the rocks. :D

Don't hesitate for a minute to stay at a value. They are called that for a reason! They are a good value, and unless you plan to spend hours lounging indoors in your room, why wouldn't you go for the best financial option, eh? :D
  9. foreverducky

The excellent part about the values is that they are Disney through and through. It's that bigger than life feel. :D