1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Value vs Deluxe disney resorts

Discussion in 'Resorts, Hotels, DVC, Villas' started by buzzchamp, May 20, 2011.

1. buzzchamp

buzzchamp Imagineer

I get some of the obvious differences, outside entrances, smaller rooms, no slide at the pools, no table service; those do not worry me. I am, however, a little worried about the beds. As a rule, I do not stay in motels because of mattress and bedding, I am getting spoiled in my old age. Are these beds more like a motel grade or similar to the beds you get in the deluxe?

Also I was wondering everyone experience with transportation, I know I will miss the monorail, but how much is it going to slow us down.

Thanks ahead of time, I just want to have realistic expectations

2. uscwest

uscwest Senior Cast Member

While the beds in the value resorts may not be the most plush in which you have ever slept they are generally better than the comparable value in a chain hotel.

3. catrancher

catrancher Assistant Cruise Director Forum Host

There's no doubt. The monorail has a cool factor. But in reality, unless you're going to the Magic Kingdom or Epcot from one of the Deluxe resorts on Bay Lake (Contemporary, Polynesian, Grand Floridian) it won't do you much good. If you're trying to get to Disney's Hollywood Studios, forget it. You can't get there by monorail.

The truth of the matter is that Disney's bus transportation is very, very good. You can generally get anywhere on the property using their busses. Can they get crowded? Sure they can. But they still beat most other forms of transportation. Also, don't forget that many of the resorts have boat transportation available also. For instance, going from the Wilderness Lodge to the Magic Kingdom can be done by both boat and bus.

But the monorail still has the "cool" factor. My DW and I generally ride it at least once on each trip. But that's more for the ability to say we rode the monorail rather than any transportation necessity.

For almost all of my transportation requirements on Disney property, I'll take the busses. They're clean, reliable, usually frequent and can be fun. Especially if the driver happens to be in a "mood".

Tom :)macwave:... beats driving!)

4. lisaw

lisaw Serious Forum Regular

Although it was a while ago that I last stayed at a value one of the things that stood out to me was how comfy the beds were - especially the pillows! :lol: I know I wanted to pack them and bring them home with me! ;)

5. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

:lol: surely thats not all you remember Lisa :lol:

6. lisaw

lisaw Serious Forum Regular

well I think we may have been resort bound due to a little hurricane that year but the pillows are my main memory! :lol:

7. WDW Vet

WDW Vet Forum Advertiser

OK doing what I am trained to do you are up in age so I'm assuming just two adults, no children. So every Disney resort starting with the value resorts have king bedding. Some resorts you do pay a premium for king beds(value & moderate) but you do not have to have Deluxe if it is two of you.

If you choose a deluxe resort there is no additional charge for a king room and some do have a day bed for a child.

If you do have family members there are moderates with two queen beds. technically the only one Disney will offers Is Coronado Springs but may other modeerate resorts are being retrofitted with queens with rehabs and specialty rooms.