1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

News Vegetarian and Vegan Food Options at Disneyland Resort

Discussion in 'Disneyland Resort News & Rumors' started by Wendy, Apr 1, 2014.

1. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

At the Disneyland Resort, vegetarian and vegan guests can munch on much more than leafy greens. Chefs flaunt their creative side with a wide selection of dishes to please any palate. From corn with a cayenne kick to veggie gumbo in a bread bowl, these breakfast, lunch and dinner offerings range from light to hearty.

Highlights are:

Disneyland Park

Plaza Inn on Main Street, U.S.A.

Vegan: golden hash browns, vegan mini Mickey waffles

Carnation Cafe on Main Street, U.S.A.

Vegetarian: apple-granola pancakes; huevos rancheros (corn tortilla, poached eggs, jack cheese and fire-roasted salsa with avocado-black bean pico del gallo)

Vegan: Chef’s Vegan Burger

Royal Street Veranda in New Orleans Square

Vegan: vegetarian gumbo served in a sourdough bread boule Harbour Galley in Critter Country Vegetarian: broccoli cheese soup in a sourdough bread boule

French Market in New Orleans Square

Vegetarian: corn chowder with roasted corn and black-eyed pea maque choux in a sourdough bread boule

Vegan: “N’awlins” salad without pecans (lettuce, julienned yams, granny smith apples, lentils and tart cherries with a sweet citrus vinaigrette); vegetable jambalaya

Blue Bayou Restaurant in New Orleans Square

portobello-cous-cous.jpg

Vegan: Portobello mushroom and couscous maque choux (marinated in a balsamic vinaigrette with roasted corn and bell pepper couscous and sautéed spinach)

Cafe Orléans in New Orleans Square

Vegetarian: three-cheese Monte Cristo, veggie crepe

Vegan: vegetable ragout without cheese, Crescent City Salad without meat and cheese

Village Haus Restaurant in Fantasyland

Vegetarian: garden vegetable burger

Edelweiss Snacks in Fantasyland

Vegetarian: chile lime corn on the cob

Big Thunder Ranch Barbecue in Frontierland

Vegetarian: vegetable tofu skewer

Rancho del Zocalo Restaurante in Frontierland

Vegetarian: soft flour tacos filled with onion, red and green bell pepper, yellow squash, zucchini, carrots and cheese; vegetable burrito; enchiladas filled with cheddar cheese, cilantro and red onions

Vegan: All vegetarian items can be made vegan except enchiladas.

Hungry Bear Restaurant in Critter Country

field-green-tomato-sandwich.jpg

Vegetarian: fried green tomato sandwich (cornmeal-crusted fried green tomatoes with fresh heirloom tomatoes, Havarti cheese, remoulade and jicama-mango slaw on a multi-grain roll); watermelon salad

Redd Rockett’s Pizza Port in Tomorrowland

Vegetarian: cheese pizza, vegetable pizza

Vegan: tomato-basil pasta without cheese, spaghetti with “Mars-inara” sauce without cheese

Disney California Adventure Park

Flo’s V-8 Cafe in Cars Land

veggie-tater-bake.jpg

Vegetarian: Veggie Tater Bake (roasted vegetables, bulgur wheat, soy crumbles and smashed red potatoes with cheddar cheese)

Paradise Garden Grill on Paradise Pier

Vegetarian: vegetable and tofu skewer with Moroccan chili sauce, chimichurri or tzatziki Boardwalk Pizza & Pasta on Paradise Pier Vegetarian: pesto ravioli, Portobello mushroom and spinach flatbread pizza

Vegan: Boardwalk field greens without pecans or blue cheese (fresh greens, tomatoes, cucumbers, Craisins Dried Cranberries, golden raisins and basil vinaigrette)

Cove Bar on Paradise Pier

Vegetarian: nachos with black beans, pico de gallo, serrano peppers, cilantro, chipotle cream and jack and cheddar cheeses; spinach and artichoke dip

Ariel’s Grotto on Paradise Pier

Vegetarian: fire-roasted corn cakes with sautéed spinach, onions and shiitake mushrooms

Wine Country Trattoria near Pacific Wharf

Vegetarian: Tuscan salad without shrimp or chicken (romaine and radicchio, red and yellow grape tomatoes, celery, green beans, cannellini beans and roasted peppers tossed in creamy Italian dressing); roasted vegetable Panini (zucchini, eggplant, red peppers, mushrooms, tomatoes and lemon-goat cheese spread on multigrain bread); Quattro Pomodoro Pasta; Broccolini Aglio Olio; vegetarian panini; roasted vegetable bruschetta

Carthay Circle Restaurant on Buena Vista Street

Vegetarian: grilled eggplant sandwich with sautéed artichoke, tomatoes, garlic and melted reserve cheeses on rustic country bread; squash ravioli

Vegan: vegan pasta or vegan tower featuring seasonal produce, customized for each guest

Award Wieners in Hollywood Land

vegetarian-portobello.jpg
    Vegetarian: Portobello mushroom Philly (grilled Portobello mushrooms, onion and bell peppers sautéed in hefeweizen beer and topped with pepper jack)

Disneyland Hotel

Steakhouse 55

Vegetarian: wedge salad with vine-ripened tomato and gorgonzola dressing

Vegan: baked potato, broccoli with roasted garlic, sautéed spinach, sautéed mushrooms with Madeira sauce

Tangaroa Terrace

Vegetarian: grilled cinnamon-spiced oatmeal cakes; egg white, vegetable and tofu bake with spinach, mushrooms, onions, tomatoes and cheese topped with a mushroom-tomato vinaigrette

Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa

Storytellers Cafe

Vegetarian: California omelet (egg whites with diced plum tomatoes, fresh basil and baby spinach); banana-stuffed french toast

Vegan: vegan omelet (thick layer of hash browns with mushrooms, tomatoes, spinach and bell peppers)

Disney’s Paradise Pier Hotel

Disney’s PCH Grill

Vegetarian: Santa Monica Flatbread; roasted red pepper hummus; Muir Woods Roasted Pepper and Mushroom Pasta

Watchinherskip and Tony G like this.
  2. Deafjeff

Deafjeff Serious Forum Regular

ooooohhhh no vegetables were harmed in making of this thread.....

Watchinherskip likes this.
  3. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

:lol: I wish they did the same sort of list for Walt Disney World as well.

4. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

Other than those with eggplant, they look tasty! I am turning more toward vegetarian choices as I age. I wonder if there is a connection? :lol:

5. Tony G

Tony G Serious Forum Regular

Wow, that's really useful.

Take it from me, the fried tomato sandwich at the Hungry Bear is amazing - even the server told me I was in for a treat! It took two trips to get one but boy, was it ever worth the wait... I'm salivating now just thinking about it!

6. Watchinherskip

Watchinherskip Better known as "That Guy"

Don't know Tink...we are too not because of age, but our vegetarian daughter is back living with us while student teaching! Man I miss meat!

7. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

I don't think I'd miss meat overmuch, but I sure would miss seafood and some fish. :yes: