1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Vegetarian Food

Discussion in 'Restaurants, Dining, Dining Plans' started by josh.p., Dec 8, 2010.

1. josh.p.

josh.p. Addicted to Mickey

Do all Disney Restaurants have a vegetarian option? It's my first time going as a vegetarian and I have to say I'm a bit worried as I don't remember them last time :unsure:

Also, does Walmart or Publix have a wide variety of veggie foods? I don't mind not having a meat substitute but I'd quite like to be able to easily get some tofu and quorn (but I'm guessing that might be harder to find than tofu)

Josh
  2. Johnie

Johnie Budget Queen Forum Host

I beleive they do have vegetarian options at all the restaurants. I know that if you go to a sit down restaurant, the chef will come talk to you and make something if they don't have any options.

I found this book on Amazon.
  3. uscwest

uscwest Senior Cast Member

Josh,

I know that most, if not all of the TS restaurants have a vegetarian (although possibly not vegan) entree on their menu. Some even have vegetarian menus. As Johnie says though, I haven't yet met a chef at WDW who won't work with you. Just as an example Donna and I have been to V&A (I know what your are going to say here) and almost every time she has been able to combine vegetarian options with non-vegetarian options if she so desires because she doesn't necessarily care for the main menu. At some of the other restaurants she hasn't really cared for anything on the main menu and might not be enthralled with the vegetarian option on their either (for example she doesn't do squash of any sort). They have always made sure that she didn't leave hungry.
  4. josh.p.

josh.p. Addicted to Mickey

I will probably be eating more quick-service when I eat in the parks but probably will do a few sit down meals too :yes: It's reassuring to know if we go to a sit down place that I'll be able to get some good vegetarian food :thumbsup:
    Thank you :) I think that sounds really good :yes: They have a lot more flexibility than I thought they would do, seems more flexible than some of the restaurants I've visited here in England. How do you find eating vegetarian in other areas of Orlando such as I-Drive? Do American restaurants generally carry a vegetarian option?
  5. Deafjeff

Deafjeff Serious Forum Regular

Hi, I'm a veggie and I survived full two weeks on veggie options and they are quite flexible and brilliant! :yes: