1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

very best time to go to Disney world?

Discussion in 'General' started by DisneyAddict, Mar 10, 2011.

1. DisneyAddict

DisneyAddict Imagineer

Can I ask everyone, what would be your absolute favourite time to go to disneyworld if you could go any time at all? Best for weather, queues, deals or whatever? I'm completely flexible as to when to go :thumbsup:

2. foreverducky

foreverducky Addicted to Mickey

I would love to go around Halloween, but before all the Halloween crowds. Maybe early October.

3. Slowhand

Slowhand Cruise Director Forum Host

For me it`s a toss up between April/May and the Christmas season.
    I love April/May because the humidity is lower yet you are almost certain to get warm sunny weather, and in addition you can take in the Garden Festival at Epcot.
    I also like the Christmas period if only to see the amazing decorations throughout WDW, and beyond, to get me in the festive mood. The only downside being that it can get a bit chilly in the evenings.

4. Shellyamc

Shellyamc Serious Forum Regular

Another vote here for mid-October! That is when we have always gone, and will be going again this year.

I'm sure we will try something new at some point, but we just love it. Not too hot, but warm enough to swim, special parties going on (Halloween), but the crowds are not crazy and the lines not too long. Perfect for us :yes:

5. JStrickPhoto

JStrickPhoto Imagineer

I will never understand why anyone would want to venture to southern Florida in the summer months! Man, way too hot and WAY too humid! And, way too crowded...

But, I know it's all personal preference.

My favorite times have been December before Christmas as the parks are all elaborately decorated. Anytime after New Years through President's Day in mid-February. Never EVER go the week of President's Day. It's like the whole East Coast is at the Disney parks!

Whenever we've gone December through mid-February, the crowds are small. Fast-Pass is almost never necessary. Maybe for Soarin' and Toy Story Midway Mania. Temperatures are reasonable and dry. Plus, for us, we're not home and it's snowing up here in MN!

The crowds are also less at the surrounding attractions as well - Sea World, Universal's parks, Busch Gardens, etc.

Granted we usually took the kids out of school for the week, but they were more than eager to work ahead or play catch-up knowing they had a Disney week in the winter!

Jamie

6. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

October is our favorite month to "do" Disney. :yes: The weather is usually glorious, warm (enough for swimming) but the humidity has dropped so it's not that terribly sticky...

Food and Wine Festival, and Halloween celebrations all make for a fun time to visit the Disney (and other) theme parks.

We love the holiday season too, but it's wicked crowded and you'll be standing on line more than you'll be "doing." :yes:

7. Britchick

Britchick Cast Member

My favourite time is the first two weeks of December. My worst would be June

Unfortunately I can't at the moment go any other time than summer because of schooling

8. uscwest

uscwest Senior Cast Member

Favorite for me is October for F&W and MNSSHP. Second favorite last week of November/first week of December for the Christmas season.

9. kimb28

kimb28 Earning my ears

As a kid I went during Spring Break, and it was a zoo! As an adult I have been twice duringFebruary. The parks were less busy andwe barely stood in line in Epcot and Animal Kingdom, except on weekends. We even managed to eat in Epcot withoutreservations. This year I am going in earlySeptember, and although I know it will be hot, we are looking forward toswimming at out resort and fewer families with kids because they will all befreshly back in school.

10. Missus T

Missus T Imagineer

We haven't been yet in the fall, but after going twice around spring break (the first time we got lucky and it was DEAD! last year there were a few more people there), we're excited to go in the fall. we don't have kids, so we figure fall will be a great time to go, since too many people don't pull their kids out of school in the first month for a vacation. we will, someday, but i figure most people don't!

11. linheli

linheli Earning my ears

My favourite time is the first two weeks of December. My worst would be June
    Unfortunately I can't at the moment go any other time than summer because of schooling

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 10, 2011