1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Very Sad News - RIP Mick ( ukwdwnut )

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by keith, Dec 1, 2011.

1. Hex

Hex The Toy Master!

Thank you Mick for everything. Good show, Sir. R.I.P. And all thoughts with family, friends, and all those who knew him and will miss him.
  2. foreverducky

foreverducky Addicted to Mickey

It will feel so weird to not see his posts.

It seems like our complete puzzle is now missing an important piece. :sorry:

My thoughts are with his family. :sorry:
  3. malcolm

malcolm Villa Owner

This news has left a big whole in my heart for the loss of a dear friend. There is a bright star over Billericay tonight that even rain and clouds cant hide....

Goodnight dear friend
  4. Jax1970

Jax1970 Imagineer

I don't come here very often, but I knew Mick on another forum also. It's such a shock to hear that he has passed, and he will surely be missed. My thoughts are with his family and all of his friends at this very difficult time.
  5. tb2830

tb2830 Addicted to Mickey

i still cant believe it

i dont like that one minute someone is here and the next there gone

it makes you realise how precious life is and that you should never take anything for granted

it has definately made me think tonight

"So love the people who treat you right. Believe everything happens for a reason. If you get a second chance, grab it with both hands. If it changes your life, let it. Forgive quickly. God never said life would be easy."
  6. SleepinCatz

SleepinCatz Fluffeh Disney Fan

:yellowrose::redroses::yellowrose:

Goodbye my friend...may you forever be in Disney...
  7. Tinker

Tinker Earning my ears

I just heard this news elsewhere . I can not express how very sad this has made me feel :cry1:
    Mick made me laugh out loud several times, but the one I remember most was the time he said he bought his wife Denise a bag for Mother's Day, a new vacumn cleaner . :lol:
    He was a dear, sweet friend and my heart is truly aching right now .
    Since my DH has COPD, we spoke often through PM's of his health issues .
    I had no idea that it had gotten to the point of him needing double transplants .
    I'm sure he's not only talking to Steve , but Walt as well . Telling him all about his dream and how huge it has become, new parks, DVC, cruises, etc .
    Makes me so sad that he never made it back to WDW , I was going to ask, but Brit answered that reading through the posts .
    My thoughts & prayers are with Denise, his children and his family .
    RIP Mick, I will never forget you . :redroses:
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2011
  8. Tinkfan

Tinkfan Earning my ears

:sorry:Just saw this and I am indeed shocked and saddened. I know he was very ill but i truly believed that the surgery was going to give him time. we talked on several occassions about illness and my heart goes out to him. You fought with courage and bravery mick, if I do make it it this December to AKL you will be there in my thoughts and prayers. My heart goes out to your family.May it be all that you want it to be.:hug2:
  9. Mike

Mike Imagineer

NW UK, handy for the Lakes, Dales, Peak District a
    I was deeply saddened to hear about Mick's passing. Due to lack of funds and no chance of US holidays over the last few years, I've not been active on any of the Disney forums, here and elsewhere, for a long time, but have had text chat and joke exchanges with Mick almost weekly (sometimes daily) until his last message, last week. I'll miss his warped sense of humour, his wonderfully non-PC jokes and his extremely warm personality enormously. God bless you, Mick, RIP mate.

Mike
  10. mumof2

mumof2 Serious Forum Regular

I came back here this morning hoping this wasn't real, I'm stunned.

Mick was indeed immensely proud of his family, through his posts we could feel it shining through.

Denise, Lauren and Mikey...I'm thinking of you and hope you know how proud he was of you all xxx :hug2::hug2::hug2:

:redroses:
  11. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

I didn't sleep well last night, I was thinking about Mick, the way he always made people laugh and often groan with his silly jokes. How he remained so upbeat and positive when there were so many things to keep knocking him back all the time. His love of Disney and how he was planing his holiday, how much he loved his family and how proud he was of his Lauren and Mikey, the list goes on :sigh:

When he became ill and was in hospital all those years ago, he had so much trouble getting help, we spent days and hours getting things just right so that in the end, he finally got the help he needed. We never met but we spoke often in good times and bad, he was a good listener was our Mick and I'll miss him :sigh:

I can't remember how many years I've known him, but I am so glad that I was lucky enough to call him a friend.

Mick wouldn't want us to be sad, he's probably somewhere now, getting together everyone who shares his love of Disney and starting his own site.

So for now, until we meet him again, wherever we go, whatever we do, Mick will be with us all, he'll get his trip back to the Mouse, not just once, but many, many times when his friends here go back. He won't ever be forgotten, he has touched too many lives for that to happen :cry2:
  12. ieuanr

ieuanr Earning my ears

Such sad news - our thoughts are with his family and friends.
  13. lozzy

lozzy Addicted to Mickey

I still can't believe this sad news is true, I was never lucky enough to meet Mick in person but I spent many hours chatting online and via text.
    I knew he was unwell but didn't think this would happen.
    He will be sadly missed by all.
    RIP Dear friend, say hello to Walt for me.
  14. Kate

Kate Serious Forum Regular

I cant believe what im actually reading, to say im shocked is a complete understatement :(

I first starting talking to Mick back in about 2004 i think it was, i liked him alot - he added me to his mailing list and since then i received alot of emails - some which left me explaining to my husband why i was receiving jokes like that from someone i had never actually met!!! :lol:

Your memory lives on Mick, you were a truely wonderful person and im proud to say that you were my friend - you are going to be very much missed around here. My thoughts are with his family and many other friends

RIP Nutty :hug2:
  15. chief

chief Earning my ears

i am very sad to to read this news.
    my thoughts are with all of mick's family:hug2:
    god bless you mick
    sara x
  16. Disneybumble

Disneybumble The Secret is in the Sauce.

Such terribly sad news. As I said on FB I hope you our people watching on a bench somewhere. I never met Mick either,but that doesn't make him less of a friend. He was technical whizz and always offered to help with any issues. He was a cheeky one to and always ready to fight For Mr Gates and the right to recline. RIP Mick and thank you for blessing our cyber lives. Xxx
  17. Suebeattie

Suebeattie Addicted to Mickey

I've been away from this forum for a few weeks and am very shocked to learn that mick has passed away.
    He and his family only live 10 mins away and it would have been lovely to meet him. I am sure he will be very missed.
    Love to Micks family at this tough time :hug2: :hug2:
    :wiggle:
  18. Sam

Sam Imagineer

I've been off line for a few weeks and I'm shocked to hear of the loss of Mick. Mick helped me through a pretty tough time last year and even this year he was a star to me despite his illness.

Of course I was never lucky to meet him in person in this life but I'll make damn sure I'll meet him in the next.

All my love Mick.
  19. Deafjeff

Deafjeff Serious Forum Regular

I am so shocked :sorry:

Maybe little bit too late but will light the candle for the family.

So sad.....
  20. foreverducky

foreverducky Addicted to Mickey

Never too late. :hug2: