1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

villa extra insurance?

Discussion in 'Resorts, Hotels, DVC, Villas' started by dvcjane, Aug 3, 2008.

1. dvcjane

dvcjane Imagineer

If we stay in a villa are our possessions covered by the villa owners insurance, our own travel insurance, our house insurance or do we need to make sure we take out more insurance?

Do they have safes in most of them?

2. ukwdwnut

ukwdwnut Director of Recruitment Forum Host

tbh i don't know, Ive never seen it anywhere that the owners ins covers us but your own certainly does

3. Slowhand

Slowhand Cruise Director Forum Host

You will almost certainly find that the owner`s posessions are not covered by the villa owner`s insurance.
    As to the safe issue, well some villas have them and others don`t. There is no legal responsibility imposed to force the owners to have a safe installed but personally I would not consider staying in a villa which is not equiped with a safe.

4. ukwdwnut

ukwdwnut Director of Recruitment Forum Host

you can rent safes tho, but how secure it can be made too the villa, would be is anyones guess

5. Slowhand

Slowhand Cruise Director Forum Host

Yeah, unless it weighed a ton the chances are that it also would get stolen!
    Those permanently fitted in the villas are at least securely bolted to a solid surface.

6. malcolm

malcolm Villa Owner

Hi...owners insurances do not cover guests personnel items you must have a holiday insurance same as if you are staying in a Disney or non disney hotel/resort.
    We have a safe in our villa and it is secured to the floor but you should check with your villa supplier that a safe is in the villa and also that it is supplied free. I supplied my villa to Mick free but charged him £100's for the safe:lol: and no he does not get a refund as the safe is compulsary....