1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

villa security deposits?

Discussion in 'Resorts, Hotels, DVC, Villas' started by goofygal, Jul 29, 2009.

1. goofygal

goofygal Imagineer

Im still deciding whether to stay on disney universal or in a villa so Im looking around at various villas which all look brilliant by the way :lol:

they all want money as security which I suppose I understand but there doesnt seem to be any guarantee how soon I'll get it back or if I will at all!!

am I worrying over nothing?

2. arkvilla

arkvilla Addicted to Mickey

I send back our security deposits within 7 days, as soon as our MC have done the exit clean I check to make sure everything is ok and then I send it back.

I have NEVER had to keep a sceurity deposit - once we had guests who pulled the toilet roll holder off the wall and we split the cost of getting a new one fixed on - I know they didn't do it on purpose but obviously it had to be fixed - I thought I was more than fair by splittting the cost.

As long as you treat the home with respect and if there are any problems you report them to the Management Company as soon as they arise then all should be ok.

I'm happy to chat sio if I can help just let me know

Sandra

3. malcolm

malcolm Villa Owner

Hi... Like wise we return ours as soon as we are told by cleaners that villa has not sustained loss or damage again within 7 days, not to date have we had to with-hold any deposit.

4. sunsetlakes

sunsetlakes Earning my ears

We are the same, we return our deposits as soon as we have the check out report (usually within 48 hours).

I have had to retain some of a guests security deposit recently - when their children decided to paint the bedroom furniture in the Winnie The Pooh Bedroom with flourescent pink nail polish, they also spilt the remainder of the bottle all over the comforters and carpets in that bedroom. We agreed with the guests the charges to put the room back to its normal standard and it was all decided upon amicably, they still received the balance of the deposit within 7 days.

5. Slowhand

Slowhand Cruise Director Forum Host

That`s exactly the reason why we only rent out our villa to folks we know.
    Our management company have told us some real horror stories of the damage caused by certain guests.

6. Tiggers Golf

Tiggers Golf Forum Sponsor

We must be very lucky then as we have had very little damage I like to talk to our guests before they go and do not rent to tour operators as they think the houses are theirs to do as they wish
    I return deposits as soon as I am notified too
    Reagrds
    Barbara