1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

villa with friends?

Discussion in 'Resorts, Hotels, DVC, Villas' started by disneymom, May 21, 2010.

1. disneymom

disneymom Imagineer

ok another one :lol: this is a budget trip as you can tell by my questions :unsure:

we have another family who are friends with us through childrens school. we know them but not very well if you know what I mean. If we went together we could probably afford a proper full sized villa offsite but would you do it without knowing the family really well or is it asking for disaster?
  2. arkvilla

arkvilla Addicted to Mickey

We don't like going on holiday with others as Jai only gets 1 holiday a year and needs to be able to just relax.

If you don't know them that well you don't know their habits, their rules for their children etc and it could lead to you getting annoyed by things on your much anticipated holiday.

But, ultimately it depends on how you are as a family, if you are easy going and won't stress if they do stuff you wouldn't then it's just your own choice.

We wouldn't do it

Sandra
  3. mumof2

mumof2 Serious Forum Regular

hmmm, i don't think i would share with them. As Sandra says, you don't know their rules and habits so whilst it could work, it could just as easily end up being a disaster!

We shared a holiday home with my inlaws many years ago.....NEVER again!

Maybe you could look at the option of apartments on a complex with shared pool, that way you could holiday together but have your own space.
  4. ukwdwnut

ukwdwnut Director of Recruitment Forum Host

we've been with other families on a few occasions but we've known them for quite a few years it works well if you get on. but in this case seeing as you don't know them well i think i wouldn't share with them, the holiday costs too much to have it spoilt. saying that you might get on great guns, but is it a chance your willing to take :unsure:
  5. tb2830

tb2830 Addicted to Mickey

i definately wouldnt :thumbsdown: i like my own space even thou when we went once with my best friend we had seperate hotel rooms and even that drove me mad
  6. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

No, I'm afraid I'd not do that. :sorry: I'd wait until I could afford to go on my own, before sharing with someone I didn't know well to help the budget. :sorry:
  7. Tinkfan

Tinkfan Earning my ears

Sorry, have to agree with everyone else unless you are not really doing things together ( meals, parks ect) just sharing space but even then it could be dicey.
  8. lisaw

lisaw Serious Forum Regular

I couldn't - even doing our own thing.