1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

villas v hotels

Discussion in 'Resorts, Hotels, DVC, Villas' started by disneymom, Jun 29, 2009.

1. disneymom

disneymom Imagineer

I know thats a bit of a wide open question but what do villas offer over and above disney resorts?

Ive been looking at some villas on this site and they look incredible but then we'd have to drive every time we left which Im not sure about

anyone gone from staying on disney to staying with villas?
  2. sunsetlakes

sunsetlakes Earning my ears

We did! We used to stay on-site when we first started going to Florida, then someone talked us into trying a villa. We never looked back and ended up buying one - eeeks!

For us it's the space and being able to come home from the parks each day and relax by the pool with a few bevvies, watch the wildlife, enjoy a spa and a bit of music. Not having to share a room and having all the luxury amenities you can think of is a big plus too. If you have children, then most villas are equipped with games rooms and computer equipment to keep them occupied, if needed!! We chose our villa carefully, making sure we were very close to the parks (it takes us 8 minutes to drive to AK which is less than 4 miles away, making it easy to "nip back" to the villa for a break mid-day if we need to.

As a villa owner i'm biased though, so hopefully you'll get others come on and tell you their thoughts :wave:
  3. Mari

Mari Serious Forum Regular

I think it just depends on what you like, how many people are going, and where yous pend your time...

I think a villa is great for large families, because 1. a hotel would be far more expensive, 2. you can all be together but apart, if that makes sense 3. you can do lots of things in it as Linda mentioned
    some of the other things that I think are great about villas is that you have a kitchen, so dont have to eat out and can minimize the cost..
    they are also pretty good if you wont spend all your time at Disney....

However, what I personally like about hotels, and in particular Disney resorts is: once you are there you dont have to worry about ANYTHING!, the theming, the closeness to the parks, the free transportation...