1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Villas - where to start looking

Discussion in 'Resorts, Hotels, DVC, Villas' started by Suebeattie, Nov 5, 2013.

1. Suebeattie

Suebeattie Addicted to Mickey

Thanks dawn, I'll have a look :)

2. Tony G

Tony G Serious Forum Regular

The kinds of questions I usually ask when renting a villa:

What direction is the pool facing? (a south-facing pool gets the sun most of the day so the pool loses less heat)
    Does it have a spa? (after a day at the parks, there's nothing like soothing your aching feet in a spa)
    Is the pool overlooked by other properties? (My family never feel totally at ease if someone is able to watch us in the pool)
    Does it have an internet connection? (I'm lost without the interweb, and I still double check 'bargain' prices against websites)
    Is there a printer on site? (Less of an issue now with mobile boarding passes, but I used to use one to print boarding passes. Still handy for printing online vouchers before spending sprees at the malls)
    Where/how to collect keys? (FL law says guests must 'check-in' somewhere and be given keys, so the office should be convenient and there should be out-of-hours arrangements, just in case travel arrangements go awry)
    What are the check-in/out times? (I don't know why but leaving a villa by 10am bugs me so much more than leaving a hotel at the same hour - I think it's because I feel so 'at home' in a villa. Ask for the possibility of a late check-out, or luggage storage facilities)
    Are consumables like dishwasher tablets/kitchen roll/toilet roll etc included? (It's not a problem picking up bits for your trip from the local supermarket but if you're making a short trip, it's rarely cost effective and might be better to pack supplies from home)
    Are cots/highchairs available? (If travelling with young ones, these are essentials you really wouldn't want to pack)
    Who can I contact if things go wrong? (having a local management company really helps as any issues can be fixed quickly so you can get on with your holiday - villa maintenance shouldn't be a guest's problem unless they deliberately caused it)

Disneybumble, keith and Wendy like this.
  3. Tony G

Ooh, just thought of another one:

Is there a safe available? (At some point, you'll wonder if you remembered to lock the front door. Then you'll spend the rest of the day listing all the valuables that aren't locked up properly. If there's a safe, half the worry is gone.)

Wendy likes this.
  4. Suebeattie

Suebeattie Addicted to Mickey

Ah thank you sooooo much tony!!! Sometimes the "look" of a place can take over the practicalities (especially where DH is concerned lol)

Tony G likes this.
  5. Tony G

You're welcome - I'm just a picky so and so and I must have driven the poor villa owners mad with my questions but they were always really accommodating and welcomed my queries - even the weird ones.

I had the same problem choosing a villa to buy - my realtor must rue the day I contacted her!

Suebeattie likes this.