1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Virgin Megastore at Downtown Disney closed early

Discussion in 'Walt Disney World News & Rumors' started by eeyoreguy, May 13, 2009.

1. eeyoreguy

eeyoreguy Earning my ears

Reports from people at Disney today are indicating that the Virgin Megastore scheduled to close on May31st has closed early.

Apparently plenty of stock could still be seen yesterday.

Many people will miss this huge music, game, book and magazine store as well as the small cafe on the top floor

Rumours about who will take it over are still all unsubstantiated and range from Apple closing their two stores in the Florida and Millenia malls to open a flagship store, to Microsoft/sony. Of course Disney could create a huge World of Disney store there but given they like to lease out the Downtown Disney space, this would seem unlikely.

A late rumour suggested that it could be turned into a food hall of kind for some smaller food outlets.

2. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

Yes, they had loads of inventory left when we were last there (a couple of weeks ago now). Should have bought more. :sigh: The prices weren't all that great though, for a place going out of business I mean.

Plus, I was looking for a particular type of music and they didn't have any left. :sigh: So, didn't buy but one CD! :eek:

Will miss the place. DTD is truly becoming a ghost town for anything other than shopping and eating. :shrug: And neither of those two activities are too interesting there.

Remembering fondly the "old days" of Disney Village... :sigh:

3. Tinkfan

Tinkfan Earning my ears

:wave: i agree Tink, at the risk of sounding like a heretic, how much Disney stuff can you possibly need? Some non- rodent merchandise would be great too!!

4. Mags

Mags Serious Forum Regular

I will miss that store so much. I loved browsing and having a coffee. We all bought a lot too.

Margaret

5. Mari

Mari Serious Forum Regular

I have to admit to never visiting it, however, I do agree that DTD doesnt sound as fun as it once did...

Not even nice Disney themed shops like the scrapbook and disney at home stores have survived :(

I think we willonly visit because the Xmas shop is a MUST