1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Virgin suitcase weights

Discussion in 'Transportation & Travel' started by Sarah loves Disney, Jul 18, 2009.

1. Sarah loves Disney

Sarah loves Disney Earning my ears

Hi
    Can someone explain to me the weight I am allowed to have for my suitcase/s with virgin economy? we booked through Disney online and was given an option to pay extra but it was only for a couple of kilos so didnt seem worthwhile, I cannot remember what weight we had when we travelled with FC a couple of years ago?
    Thanks
  2. keith

keith Camera nut Staff Member Administrator Forum Host

Hiya :wave:

Basically two suitcases each weighing upto 23KG (you can pay excess of £35 per case which then allows upto 32KG) & 6KG per carry on bag. 1 Carry on bag each only but a handbag/purse etc is allowed also
  3. ukwdwnut

ukwdwnut Director of Recruitment Forum Host

there is an overall size for suitcases too sarah of w*h*d of = 62" i think it is...will check the website for you :)
  4. Sarah loves Disney

Thanks guys, all info explained simply to me greatfuuly received :0)
  5. ukwdwnut

sarah this is straight from the VA site

Two pieces of luggage per passenger, each weighing up to 23kg (50lbs). When added together, the three dimensions of any piece of luggage must not exceed 158cm (62in).
  6. Debbie2

Debbie2 Speedy!

I didn't know you can pay excess to 32kgs each. Is that with VA or can you arrange through VH?

I would rather take one case each at 32kgs than two each at 23kgs. We don't do much shopping and with having DS wheelchair and all his medical stuff we need to take as little else as possible. I may ask if they will allow this.
  7. keith

keith Camera nut Staff Member Administrator Forum Host

dunno about VH but I'm sure it will be possible with VA directly even if youre booked with VH

I agree, I'd rather one at 32 than 2 at 23. It USED to be 2*32KG for bags, then they reduced economy to 2*23 but left PE at 2*32 and UC at 3*32

From sept09, even PE and UC are limited to 23KG included (although UC get 3*23) and bags between 23&32 will be charged an extra £35 ($50)

So yeah I don't see a problem with paying the £35 to have one heavy bag rather than 2*23 ones!
  8. Sarah loves Disney

Thanks for input guys,
    But I am thinking I would rather have 2 suitcases totalling 46kg than one at 32kg, it means me and DH can bring back a total of 92kg worth of shopping, which for me is easy to accomplish :0)
    But I do understand if you're not into shopping or have a wheelchair or pushchair to contend with.
  9. ukwdwnut

:yes: more space for shopping :D

i was in a WC last trip, we just got a porter to push the baggage for us well worth a tip :D