1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Virgins First Class Menu.

Discussion in 'General' started by Ursula, Jul 6, 2009.

1. Ursula

Ursula Cast Member

Page 1

WELCOME

Our Freedom Menu gives you the flexibility to eat what you want, when you want to. Please feel free to place an order at any time.

We are proud to offer you a range of contemporary and traditional cuisine from around the world. We are committed to the use of seasonal and locally sourced produce where we can and hope you enjoy today's selection.

To accompany your meal, you may like to indulge in a glass of wine. We have chosen Berry Bros & Rudd as our exclusive wine suppliers, one of the UK's most innovative wine merchants, boasting four Masters of Wine. You can find out more information at Fine Wine Shop and Fine Wine Merchant - Berry Bros. and Rudd.

We are also delighted to offer you a full range of beers and spirits from our bar. For full details of the drinks on board please see the following pages.

Page 2

GOOD EVENING

Dinner
    Starters

Seasonal leaf salad with ginger marinated prawns, oven-dried garlic tomatoes and vinaigrette dressing

Roasted vegetable soup with a choice of warm breads

Main Courses
    Lemon and thyme grilled chicken with wild rice, sauteed leeks, broccoli, corn and red pesto sauce

Navarine of lamb with minted potatoes and roasted red peppers

Ricotta tortellini in herb puttanesca sauce with parmesan cheese

Cheese
    Our cheese selection, with assorted crackers and mango chutney
    Mature Cheddar - Semi-hard mature cheddar, sharp to taste
    Brie - Soft-textured cheese, mild and creamy in taste with a bloomy white rind
    Stilton - Known as the king of cheeses with a rich and mellow flavour

Dessert
    Raisin bread and butter pudding with rum creme anglaise

Coconut ice cream with toasted coconut

Hot and Herbal
    Served by the cup or in a mug, it's your choice.
    We are delighted to offer FAIRTRADE tea and coffee on board today's flight.

Page 3

BREAKFAST
    Selection of cereals
    Cornflakes, Weetabix, Fruit 'n' Fibre, Special K

Croissant with a selection of preserves
    marmalade, honey, strawberry & blackcurrant jams

Waffles
    with nutmeg syrup

Seasonal fresh fruit
    with natural yogurt

Bacon roll
    with either tomato ketchup or brown sauce

Chive omelette
    with pork sausage, sauteed mushrooms and grilled tomato

From the Bar
    Grey Goose Vodka, Bacardi 8 year old, Tanqueray No TEN Gin, Martini, Bombay Sapphire Gin, Dewars 12 year old Special Reserve, Aberfeldy 12 year old Single Malt, Jack Daniels, Otard Cognac, Graham's Port, Drambuie, Kahlua and Baileys
    Heineken and Stella Artois

Page 4
    LITTLE TIPPLE
    Champagne and Sparkling Wine
    France, Champagne Pannier Brut nv
    Founded in 1899 and based since 1934 at Chateau Thierry in Dizy, near Epernay, Pannier is renowned for the fresh and vivacious style of its Champagnes. It is blended from Chardonnay, Pinot Noir and a good proportion of Pinot Meunier, the latter endowing a most attractive, floral facet to the wine's rounded, gently mature flavours.

France, Berry's Extra Dry Blanquette de Limoux nv, jean-Louis Denois A marvellous Champagne alternative from Limoux in south-west France, using the same methods of production as its more famous cousin.

White
    France, Domaine de pennautier Viognier 2007
    This wine is produced in a unique microclimate just to the north of the ancient city of Carcasonne in south-west, France, where the wind from the Atlantic (the Cers) meets that of the Mediterranean (the Marin). So this Viognier is more mineral than some, with a puritan restraint counterbalancing a latent, aesthetic expression.

Italy, Falerio, Saladini Pilastri 2008, Certified Organic
    Falerio is the appellation, a little known enclave of The Marche, in the centre of Italy. The producer, Saladini Pilastri, has been making organic wine since 1995 and this example, which includes the rare grape varieties of Passerina and Pecorino, is delightfully lemon oil and fennel scented, and is crisp, dry, intriguing and compelling.

Argentina, Vina Delia Chardonnay 2008
    This succulent Chardonnay is pure and unoaked, from near Chacras de Coria, a leafy suburb of Mendoza and close by the foothills of the Andes. The vineyards are well established and this wine, sourced by New Zealander Duncan Killiner, is a rewarding example of the potential quality to be found in both Argentina and this region.

Red
    France, Alencades, Domaine de Ricardelle 2007
    This is an intriguing blend of Carigan, Merlot and Marselan (the latter itself a recent crossing between Cabernet Sauvignon and Grenache). Produced on the Negre family's estate close to the shores of the Mediterranean, the wine is plump with damson and cassis fruit, with soft tannins and a generous appeal.

Spain, Artadi Artazuri Garnacha 2007
    Juan Carlos Lopez de Lacaille is one of the great names of the Spanish wine industry. He makes superlative wines with attention to detail through the entire wine making process, reflected in this, his Navarra property, by organic viticulture and a maturation regime which gives this juicy and hearty wine a generous six months in barrel.

Australia, Inspired Company Shiraz/Cabernet 2008
    Produced in the Murray Darling region in north-west Victoria, this is the product of a warm vintage, resulting in ripe, spicy flavours, enhanced by elements of both the Shiraz and Cabernet being aged in French oak. Winemaker John Pezzanti has crafted an exuberant wine, instantly appealing, but also with substance and personality.
  2. Mari

Mari Serious Forum Regular

sounds pretty good
  3. Mags

Mags Serious Forum Regular

I'll just have a bucket of champagne please Helen. I have a bit of a thing for champers. :yes:

Margaret
  4. Dawn

Dawn carpe diem-ing Forum Host

No Coco Pops!! :eek:
  5. Mari

so.. can you eat 3 dinners and then 2 breakfasts????
  6. Ursula

Ursula Cast Member

I only think you can have one dinner but I did see people having more than one breakfast. I think if you wanted more and asked they may do it?
  7. Mari

bummer! hahaha
  8. keith

keith Camera nut Staff Member Administrator Forum Host

Is this your way of inviting us all to go on a first class trip with you somewhere miss crayola ? ?
  9. Ursula

Ursula Cast Member

I had the ginger prawn,, all three of them and they were nothing special then had the navarin of lamb and it tasted like dry beef lol so was not impressed and then had the bread pudding with rum creme (because I didn't think I'd had enough rum whilst on holiday! lol) and that was nothing special either. I'm glad I didn't pay for it that's all oh and the cheeseboard never came out either :( The bacon roll at breakfast was just okish.
  10. Ursula

Ursula Cast Member

Ooer... I'm a married wumin... :unsure: Only if you're flashing the CC.
  11. keith

keith Camera nut Staff Member Administrator Forum Host

Well I was hoping you were inviting the whole forum! I thought maybe a lottery win or something? :D