1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

visit the wedding pavilion?

Discussion in 'Disney Weddings/Honeymoons/Anniversaries' started by disney1sttimer, Sep 15, 2008.

1. disney1sttimer

disney1sttimer Earning my ears

Can we? can we just go there and get in to take some photos assuming there's no wedding going on of course :lol:

2. Slowhand

Slowhand Cruise Director Forum Host

Yes you sure can. It`s also quite a nice stroll from the GF. We were there earlier this year and there was a wedding going on with all the trimmings...Cinderella`s Coach etc.etc. It was nice taking photos of the horses and footmen, chatting to them while we awaited the newly weds to appear.

Obviously when a wedding is taking place then you are not allowed to cross the bridge to enter the pavillion, but apart from that it`s available to all.

3. Tinker

Tinker Earning my ears

I'm not sure if the chapel is open inside, but you can take pictures outside . There is also a wedding showcase area that I saw while staying at The Poly . Right next to the chapel . Again I didn't go in, but it looked to me like there were different flower arrangements, cakes , and attire . :unsure: May be what is shown to prospective bride and grooms . If open, I'm sure they would allow you to take a pic or two . Go to the MK and take the monorail or boat to the GF . We quite often take a break from the parks and resort hop .

4. Tinker

Tinker Earning my ears

Terry, there was a wedding going on when Jim and I were trying to get to the GF spa from the Poly . We, too, got to take pics of Cinderellas coach / horses . Dressed in our gym attire we weren't sure what to do . We had to pass the chapel . Luckily , a CM , directed us around the porch of the showcase area I spoke of above and we snuck out the other side unnoticed . :lol:

5. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

Actually (and as always perspective is a matter of personal opinion) the best photos are from the outside of the Pavilion (with the exception of the castle viewed through the window over the altar area). The interior is stark white and drab as can be. It's done that way to accommodate all belief systems, but the only prettiness comes with the decorations the couple may choose.

So, even if you can't get inside, you've not missed much!

6. Slowhand

Slowhand Cruise Director Forum Host

There is also a great view of the castle through a rose covered archway just to the right of the main pavillion.
    This is the obvious location for the wedding photographer.

7. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

Yep! That's a beautiful area too. I totally like the outside better than the undecorated interior. :yes: