1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Visiting with a broken leg

Discussion in 'Special Needs' started by gwennie81, Dec 28, 2011.

1. gwennie81

gwennie81 Earning my ears

Yup, I broke my dang leg on a cruise (NOT the Jungle River Cruise. LOL!)

Ma came down and took care of me for a month while I recovered from surgery (plate and pins in my leg now)....

Her "treat" to me was taking me to Epcot before she left. We went the weekend Neil Patrick Harris narrated the Candlelight Processional.

We drove to the park and parked in HC parking but I refused to ride in a courtesy wheelchair up to the entrance. Instead, I crutched all the way up there.

We rented a wheelchair for $15 from the rental area and ma pushed me around all day. No small feat since I outweigh her by ~50 lbs.

I rode Soarin'. She wheeled me in there and I hopped into a seat. Then we did Living With The Land. They actually have a boat that they can wheel the wheelchair onto without having to transfer (which I was unable to do).

The rest of the time, we just wheeled around World Showcase and drank. LOL! We ate lunch at the re-done Yakitori House (still a tiny little crammed mess inside and they got rid of my ginger chicken salad). Ate outside since it was gorgeous out.

Ma was convinced all day she was seeing NPH everywhere and then we finally saw him in UK. He walked right past me twice and then ma stalked him into the R&C. LOL! It sprinkled a little bit in the afternoon and ma wheeled me under the tunnel that connects the Toy Shop with the Armory/Emblem Shop.

The park got packed during the evening and we were unable to attend the C.P. because the seats were sold out and I couldn't really stand and look over the crowd. We went to Germany and drank beer instead.

It was interesting seeing/experiencing Epcot from a different perspective. Both as being eye-level with a child and also as a disabled individual.

I should also note the CM's were totally off their game that day. I don't know what was up. Every restroom I went in was filthy and ma said one cashier girl was point-blank rude to her. :shrug:

2. gwennie81

gwennie81 Earning my ears

Rockin the broken leg.

[​IMG]

3. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

Good grief, Gwennie!!! :eek: How on EARTH did you manage that? :hug2:

Thank you for sharing your experiences as a wheelchair bound guest. Different perspective on the world, isn't it?

Hope you are out of the cast by now.

4. uscwest

uscwest Senior Cast Member

Good grief, how did you manage to break your leg on the cruise? Hope it heals well.

5. Slowhand

Slowhand Cruise Director Forum Host

Well at least you can boast that you are a CAST member now gwennie. :lol:

Hope you soon get fully mobile again.

6. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

Slowhand! :lol:

7. Johnie

Johnie Budget Queen Forum Host

Alysia broke her foot last year by walking. Yep, just walking.

Glad to hear you had a good time Gwennie! Hopefully you'll be fully mobile soon.

We went to the CP when Trace Adkins was narrating. We had a package and the line for that was huge! I don't know how many got in from the stand by line. It was massive!!

8. chief

chief Earning my ears

all the best, hope your leg heals well:hug2: