1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Vix's Itinerary -- December 2009!

Discussion in 'Itineraries' started by Vixynne, Oct 6, 2009.

1. Vixynne

Vixynne Earning my ears

I know it's still rather early yet, but here's what we have so far...

Flight booked: Check. [​IMG]
    Resort booked: Check. [​IMG]
    Dining plan: Yeppers. [​IMG]
    ADR's settled: Ayup. [​IMG]
    Dog-sitting arrangements made: Youbetcha. [​IMG]

The plan of invasion...

Participants:

Vix (age *cough*old-enough-to-remember-when-Duran-Duran-were-swoonworthy-and-Johnny-Depp's-address-was-21-Jump-Street*cough*) [​IMG]

DS Nicholas (age 12)[​IMG]

DD Madison Rose (age 9) [​IMG]

Trip details:
    Our first trip as a threesome, celebrating and reinforcing our new incarnation of "family" without the ex-husband in tow; the kids' third trip; my tenth.

Departure Day (Dec 23, 2009)

[​IMG] Up in the pre-dawn hours, bag and baggage collected by local limousine company for the drive to Boston's Logan Airport.
    7:05 a.m. Depart on Flight 1435 nonstop to Orlando. Breakfast on the go--probably Dunkin' Donuts. :yes:

10:15 a.m. Arrival at Orlando National Airport, then off to Disney's Magical Express. Lunch probably at the airport--more on-the-go eats!

Arrive at Port Orleans, French Quarter sometime in early afternoon for check-in.

[​IMG] Hit MK for the big moment of "We're Home!!", then take in all the holiday hoopla until about 6:30 p.m. or so.

6:30 p.m. Hop the ferry to the Fort Wilderness Campground.

7:15 p.m. Hoop-Dee-Doo Revue (Tier 1 seating) for dinner and all the pioneer craziness we can fit into one evening!

Post-Hoop-Dee-Doo: Back to POFQ for exhausted crash and burn till Day 2.

Day 2 (Christmas Eve)

Snack-level brekkie at the resort, supplemented with breakfast bars and whatnot in my luggage.

Off to DHS[​IMG] (first stop: Rock'n'Roller Coaster)! [​IMG]
    Lunch at The Prime Time Cafe.
    Dinner at the Backlot Express.

Take in the Osborne Family Lights as our totally neon'ed-out pre-Santa celebration. [​IMG] (I offered them the Candlelight Procession @ Epcot and was met with yawns, LOL)

Drool gently into our pillows in preparation for Day 3!

Day 3 (Christmas Day)

[​IMG]Arise early (probably very early, if holiday traditions hold true)...DD and DS will get their Disney-themed Christmas stockings, stuffed to bursting with Disney plushies, trading pins (almost 20 each) and their very own (kid-friendly, low-tech) digital cameras for taking vacation snaps. (Assuming Santa doesn't forget the batteries, that is...) [​IMG]
    Whoosh--out the door!
    8:50 a.m. 'Ohana for Christmas breakfast with Lilo and Stitch. [​IMG] Haul our gorged bellies around MK, using snack credits to tide us over till dinnertime as we tour.
    Dinner: Quick service at Columbia Harbor or Cosmic Ray's.

Stake out a good spot for Wishes! Go "ooooo" and "aaaahhh" and cry a few happy tears.

Back to base camp at POFQ for a well-earned sleep.

Day 4 (DECEMBER 26)

Brekkie-snack at the resort soon after hauling ourselves to a secure and upright position. [​IMG]

Off to AK for the day--DS is making me promise to go on Everest this time... :sorry: This will probably be our best chance to see the Kilimanjaro Safari, as our next day in AK starts a bit later (due to a character breakfast).

Lunch at Flame Tree BBQ.

Enjoy AK, departing early enough to reach the AKL for
    5:35 Dinner @ Boma

Head back to the hotel, assess how we prefer to spend the evening--either lounging around the pool or scooting off to a park for a couple of rides before we totally burn out...then off to sleep! [​IMG]

Day 5 (December 27)

Another brekkie-snack at the resort before we grab the bus to EPCOT.

Tour at our leisure, finding lunch wherever the impulse flares, probably someplace yummy in World Showcase. Kids are psyched that they can each grab a quick bite in separate countries!

Must see Off Kilter in Canada! [​IMG]
    Soak up the holidays-around-the-world kitsch until our dinner reservation...
    6:30 Germany's Biergarten (yummy!)
    Then enjoy Illuminations and trundle back to the hotel, full of bratwurst and goodwill to men (und Frauleins)!

Day 6 (December 28)

Yet another snack-level breakfast (think we'll be tired of 'em yet? :tongue:) at the hotel. Then zip out the door to DHS for our second day of the Hollywood Studios.

Spend the early hours filling in any rides we haven't had a chance for yet...with lunch at the Backlot Express and more touring until dinner!
    6:15 Hollywood & Vine (DD's favorite buffet--"Mommy, they have a SUNDAE BAR!!")

No Fantasmic this year, so we can finish the evening with all the rides there's time for till closing; then back to base camp for more comatose snoozings![​IMG]

Day 7 (December 29)

:point:(You already know what we're doing for breakfast, right?)

Park of the Day: MK! It's our Magic Kingdom "fill in the blanks" day, so we'll scramble around trying to ride (or maybe re-ride) our favorites. Quick-service lunch.

7:00 p.m. Chef Mickey's ...Dinner at the Contemporary, which we haven't had since the kids were really too young to recall it. I can't wait to watch them watching the monorails zip through the hotel as we dine with Mickey and pals!

After dinner-- Wishes, if we can get any kind of good view anyplace in the crowd! Then back to the hotel to sleep once again...[​IMG]

Day 8 (December 30)

Ohmygosh--a real breakfast!
    9:05 a.m. Tusker House ...Our 3rd and final character meal. Can't wait to try it!

Zipping around AK for our fill-in-the-blanks day there...time to go try to fit in whatever we didn't have time for earlier this week.

Lunch @ Tamu Tamu (one of our few OOP meals).

6:00 p.m. Dinner at the Yak & Yeti restaurant (another OOP meal)! The menus seem promising...I'll let you know if it gets thumbs up or down from DD and DS.

After dinner, an executive decision--back to the hotel for packing and resting, or do we do the Disney Commando routine and hit a park for late hour fun? [​IMG]
    We'll see how the troops hold up... :surrender:

Day 9 (New Year's Eve)
    Our last full day in WDW...:sigh:

This was a tough call, but once Madison and Nick heard that the countries of World Showcase do their own New Year's Eve moments (corresponding to their home country's midnight in their time zone), they were dying to see how many countries they could say "Happy New Year" in one day. So, off to EPCOT after the usual quickie brekkie.

Lunch will be more quick service food--I think I hear the pastries in Norway calling me, especially a little ball of chocolatey rum-soaked sin named a "chokolade punschbolle".

We'll be mainly in World Showcase most of the day, with maybe some early touring in the Future World half of the park, just to fill in things we're dying to see--if there are any left!

6:00 p.m. Restaurant Marrakesh It's couscous and shish kabob for dinner tonight...Maddie is already bargaining with Nick, for him to order a certain "grownup meal" that she's dying to try, and she'll order a less-exotic kids' meal, and her plan is to swap plates once the server has departed. I wish her luck, LOL...
    Belly dancers and delicious Middle Eastern foods for dinner. Then New Year's Eve firework celebrations and home to the resort very very late indeed, with a fantastic start to 2010 already under our ever-expanding belts! [​IMG]

Day 10 (New Year's Day 2010) --Homeward Bound [​IMG]
    Since we've never had a vacation at WDW that didn't require a very early dash to the airport, I'm not sure how to spend our last half(ish) day. The kids seem to be leaning toward MK, which is fine by me; I do want to say goodbye to our castle one last time, even though I know we'll all cry. [​IMG]
    So, after packing (assuming we left that till the last minute, which is probably a VERY accurate assumption), we may head to MK until perhaps noon. Then tie up all our loose ends and be at the airport in time for departure. [​IMG]
    Return flight: Delta 1440
    Departing @ 6:50 p.m. to Logan Int'l Airport, Boston.
    Touchdown on terra firma: 9:43 p.m.
    Meet up with our luggage, our limo driver, and our "back to the mundane world" mindset for the drive home :thumbsdown:...should have the key in the door by midnight! [​IMG]

2. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

What a lovely holiday you have planned! I hope it brings the three of you together in warmth and complete love, understanding that family is what you make of it, not to whom you are related, necessarily, eh? :hug2:

You are going to have a WONDERFUL time! :D :D

3. Tink

Oh, meant to say we always used to go to DTD for our last (and first) partial day at WDW. :yes: Gave us a chance to spend those last pennies :D and have a browse. However, I like the idea of going into MK for your last partial day too!

4. Vixynne

Vixynne Earning my ears

Truer words were never spoken, Tink.

If there's one thing I've learned in all my trips 'round the sun, it's that the family we choose are every bit as precious as the one dealt us by fate and genetics.

That's why I love this forum so much. :hug2:

5. Tink

Absolutely!!! I couldn't agree with you more. :hug2:

6. Crafty 475

Crafty 475 Earning my ears

Yes, seeing the WDW Castle is great but remember lets take a last look at the area from one of the rides. Try the Peter Pan Ride.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 17, 2009
  7. BigThunder

BigThunder a cool thingy

Vix, that was such an enjoyable read! And an amzingly good use of emoticons I might add. Btw, I also remember when Duran Duran were swoon worthy & John was my fave! sigh.

It sounds like you & your kids are going to have a wonderful time & a whooole lotta good eating! (well, except those breakfasts in the room but we do that too, hehehe).

You didn't schedule any DTD time? Is that not a place you all enjoy? My kids love it but they are shoppers, lol. But you could go in the evening. Also,don't forget they have the new T-Rex restaurant there that I bet your kids would love. It was a huge hit with my 10 & 15 year old this past summer.

Anyway, sounds like a great time to be had for all in your family!!

8. Vixynne

Vixynne Earning my ears

Ohmygosh, John was my fave too. When I die, I want to come back as John Taylor's bass guitar. :yes:
    We've been to DTD and the kids were sorta "yeah, it's okay I guess" about it. Didn't hate it, but they'd rather be knee deep in the parks instead of shopping. The only thing they LOVED there was Cirque du Soleil (which isn't in our budget this time) and the Disney Store/Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique, but my daughter is now "too old" to be dolled-up as a princess (says her! I would love to sit in that BBB chair and get prettified, even at my age)...if we have some energy left at the end of the day or need a break from the crowds, it would be a nice change of pace. (Of course, DTD itself could be overrun with people at Christmas time, LOL) But, really, since we're at POFQ, we'd be pretty close by DTD, so I think you're right, maybe we should try working it in!

Awwww thank you for reading my ramble, LOL! :hug2:

9. BigThunder

BigThunder a cool thingy

Hahaha, you're really funny Vix. have you seen John lately? Last I did he appeared to have aged pretty well ;)

Yes, DTD is a short boat ride away. But I agree, it could be packed being Xmas time & it's seriously no fun when you can't get through a store.

I tried my best to talk my daughter, who was 15 on our last January trip, to do the BB Boutique & she wouldn't because she was embarresed! I know she wanted to but just let her age get to her. My 11 year old would have had to have gone in the chair kicking & screaming, lol. She has never liked princess stuff :( As for us grown ups, I think a spa treatment might be our version of the BB Boutique, lol.

10. Vixynne

Vixynne Earning my ears

When I last looked up his photo online, I admit I was surprised that his age showed at all--I think part of my brain actually expected him to look exactly the same as he did in 1987! He has aged well--better than I have, to be honest! :rolleyes:

I doubt I would have done BBB at 15--there's a window of time when so many things are just "not cool"...but at 18 or 22 (or heck, even 40) I realized that acting less than my age can be fun! I'm one of those odd ducks that actually enjoys getting funny looks from strangers. :wink: I've already told my daughter (who's 9) that she better brace herself for good ol' Mom to fill her teenage years with embarrassing :bugeye:"MOTHERRRRRR!" moments. She's been a good sport so far....perhaps I should put therapy paments on layaway for her later years. :mental:

11. BigThunder

BigThunder a cool thingy

HAHAHAHA! You are too funny. Heck, my kids will need therapy for one thing or another no doubt.

And I was thinking the same thing about John Taylor....that he's aged better than I have! And I don't even have a rock 'n roll lifestyle to blame it on.

Have you stayed at FQ before? I would like to try there sometime. We've stayed at Riverside a coupel times & love it.

12. Beccaberry

Beccaberry She's beccalicious! Forum Host

From one "single mom" to another...

I remember my children and I's first trip as "the three caballeros." My kids we're quite close in age to yours. I must say, of all the trips I've taken, it was, by far, the sweetest. Even now it is the one I relish the most, and the one I still look back on with the fondest memories. You will amaze yourself. Your children will amaze you.

We'll be thinking of you!!

13. Vixynne

Vixynne Earning my ears

:hug2: *warm hugs* Thanks, Becca. For the reassurance and the encouragement...it really is going to be the trip of a lifetime, and all anxiety aside, I can't wait!

14. Beccaberry

Beccaberry She's beccalicious! Forum Host

...and just remember, even IF you lose *BOTH* your video AND digital camera at Ohana's...it's not the end of the world.

Oh, Oh, Oh, OH!! And if it starts POURING down rain in the Animal Kingdom...pay it no mind at all...just stomp through every puddle you can find and sing at the top of your lungs, "IF ALLLLLLLL THE RAINDROPS WERE LEMON DROPS AND GUM DROPS OH WHAT A RAIN THAT WOULD BE...."

And hug them. Every night. And tell them how glad you are to be able to share this with them.

You're going to have a BRILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLIANT time!