1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Wait times

Discussion in 'Walt Disney World' started by Isafari, Oct 18, 2008.

1. Isafari

Isafari Wild Animal Expert

What's the longest you've ever stood in line for an attraction at WDW? I know you can get fast passes to many of the rides but during the busy periods, you can find there are none left!

I think our longest wait was last year for Soarin'....we waited about 90 minutes ( the board said it would be 2 hours)

2. Slowhand

Slowhand Cruise Director Forum Host

Personally I would NEVER stand in line for more than say 45 mins. for any attraction which only lasts for a few minutes.
    If the line was too long, I`d either get a fast pass if one was available, or try my luck another day.

3. keith

keith Camera nut Staff Member Administrator Forum Host

Im with Slowhand... 45mins would be stretching it for me but that's because I guess I've been fortunate enough to know I'd be going back. I suppose if I felt it was a trip of a lifetime it may be different.

4. lexie

lexie Earning my ears

I always fast pass the big rides so have never really waited more than 20mins, have never really been during busy period though

5. Figment

Figment Imagineer

Way back in 1981 when I went to Disney World with a tour from High School...way before the days of fast passes. I waited almost 2 hours with my friends to ride Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea. We were so terribly disappointed after such a long wait. :(

6. Dawn

Dawn carpe diem-ing Forum Host

About 30 minutes for Splash Mountain on Ellie's birthday. She couldn't wait for the Fastpass return time so we waited as it was her birthday.

Prior to fastpass thingys the longest I stood in line was about an hour for the rapid ride at Busch. It was Labor Day though.

7. foreverducky

foreverducky Addicted to Mickey

I once waited for Peter Pan for 40minutes in the middle of JULY! I felt like a herd of cattle...never again.

8. BigThunder

BigThunder a cool thingy

90 minutes. And i'm not ever happy about that. We go so often that to me if a ride is that crowded, either try again at some point during out stay or heck, we'll do it the next trip we make. But try to make that logic with kids. You'll lose every time.

I know we waited at least that long when we did the new toy story ride this past summer at MGM. All the fastpasses were gone, FAST! I wouldn't have had i not had the kids begging to wait tho.

9. Taja

Taja Earning my ears

About two hours for Soarin' during evening EMH. :eek:

We don't do mornings well, so we never did get fastpasses. It was the only way we were going to be able to ride it and we wanted to compare it to the one at California Adventure! We also didn't plan to return to WDW for two or three years, and this was near the end of our visit and do or die time! We did it, but probably never would wait that long for an attraction again! :rolleyes:

10. Skywatcher

Skywatcher Chief Astronomer

11. Val

Val Disney Secrets

40 mins is my limit..... I really could not wait longer than that, and it had better be a really good attraction for me to do it... Everest for example.

I could not believe the 100mins+ wait time for Toy Story Mania on Friday morning just past.... I think not!!!!! It's just not that good!

12. coombsyl

coombsyl Earning my ears

Oh I remember this one. I ended up sitting under one of the porthole things you entered by and it dripped on me all the way round!! I was really disappointed too. I guess that's why they did away with it.

Personally I would never want to wait longer than thirty minutes. I think our longest wait was for the Peter Pan ride which was about 35 mins but we all wanted to take DGS on it.