1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

walking from AKL to AK

Discussion in 'Resorts, Hotels, DVC, Villas' started by Disfan, Mar 15, 2009.

1. Disfan

Disfan Forum Sponsor

Ive just read that its not possible to walk from the lodge to the animal kingdom? that seems really strange since theyre so close? anyone know why?
  2. Taja

Taja Earning my ears

No walkways, primarily. WDW likes to be able to control where their guests can go and how they can get there.

And the entrances aren't necessarily close together. I've never gone from one to the other, but if they are laid out in typical WDW fashion, the back of the park would be closer to the back of AKL than the front. The entrances probably face opposite directions--and AKL is a very large park--much of it isn't visible to guests.
  3. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

The layout of the fencing and the gate from one to the other is not conducive to walking. Physically could you? Yes. Sensibly should you? No.

Also, I would be very surprised if WDW security didn't come along and ask if you needed assitance. :yes:

You don't need to walk between them as there is a Disney bus to provide transport. :yes:
  4. foreverducky

foreverducky Addicted to Mickey

And that bus seems to be the shortest bus ride you will ever take at WDW. :D
  5. Watchinherskip

Watchinherskip Better known as "That Guy"

It was Billie, the wait for the bus was longer than the ride to AKL. We had and ADR at Boma that night. It was yummy!
  6. Mari

Mari Serious Forum Regular

I know... the wait is longer than the actual ride, but I also dont think walking is an option....no sidewalks