1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Wallt Disney World Ticket Price Increase Sunday 12 June 2011!!

Discussion in 'Walt Disney World News & Rumors' started by Wendy, Jun 11, 2011.

1. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

I suppose it had to happen :( but Disney have announed that their ticket prices will increase from tomorrow Sunday 12th June!

Disney announced on Friday that it is raising ticket prices by more than 10 percent in at least one case - it is the resort's second round of price increases in less than a year.

Effective Sunday, the base price of a one day ticket will rise from $82 to $85 before tax, an increase of 3.7 percent.

Prices will rise more steeply on longer term passes.

The price of a five day ticket (one of Disney World's best-selling ticket options) will jump 5.9 percent, from $237 to $251.

The price of a seven day pass will jump 8.1 percent to $267. A 10-day pass will soar 11.1 percent to $291.

In addition, the price of adding a "park hopper" feature to a pass — allowing visits to multiple Disney theme parks in a single day — will increase from $54 to $55 for all multi-day ticket options. The feature will cost an extra $35 for a single day ticket.

Annual-pass prices will rise between 2 percent and 4 percent, depending on the type of pass.

A Disney spokesman defended the price increases, which come as the resort continues trying to wean travelers off the steep discounts it used to keep its parks full during the recession. Disney last raised ticket prices in August 2010, when for the first time it boosted the price of a base ticket above $80.

"Our research tells us that nearly all of our guests agree that a Disney theme park experience is a strong value," spokesman Bryan Malenius said.

Disney's move could trigger a round of price increases at SeaWorld and Universal Orlando, as the parks have historically raised prices in concert. A spokesman for SeaWorld Orlando said Friday the park had no plans to raise prices at this time. A spokeswoman for Universal Orlando said the resort doesn't discuss pricing strategy.

A full list of Disney ticket-price increases:
    • 1-day: $82 to $85 (+3.7 percent)
    • 2-day: $162 to $168 (+3.7 percent)
    • 3-day: $224 to 232 (+3.6 percent)
    • 4-day: $232 to $243 (+4.7 percent)
    • 5-day: $237 to $251 (+5.9 percent)
    • 6-day: $242 to 259 (+7 percent)
    • 7-day: $247 to 267 (+8.1 percent)
    • 10-day: $262 to $291 (+11.1 percent)

Park hopper or water park admission added to a multi-day pass: $54 to $55 (+1.9 percent)

Annual Pass price increases:

• Premium (incl. water parks, etc.), non-resident: $629 to $649 (+3.2%)
    • Regular, non-resident: $499 to $519 (+4%)
    • Premium, Florida resident: $499 to $509 (+2%)
    • Regular, Florida resident: $379 to $389 (+2.6%)
    • Seasonal, Florida resident: $259 to $269 (+3.9%)

2. Kate

Kate Serious Forum Regular

By the time we could afford to go again they will have put everything up so much that we wont be able to afford to go afterall! :lol:
    Surely the make enough profit to not put the prices up - to thank their guests, seems a bit mean to me :sorry:

3. WDW Vet

WDW Vet Forum Advertiser

Welcome to corporate Disney. I'm shocked that they did not wait to later in the year as the last increase was 10 months ago. Disney has been under heat from stockholders. But things are crazy. I've been in business for 17 years and the changes and increases to me are alarming. I can understand ticket price increases. Increases in energy cost, employee benefits and other operating expenses. The parks are a good value. Stage shows, parades and fireworks in one place plus rides designed for families as a whole to enjoy. But it's the other things that bother me. Chef Mickey's breakfast for 3 to 9 years old $13.99! How can you charge $14 for a 3 year old? A 10 year old is $26 which is the adult rate? There's not much difference between a 9 and 10 year old. They need to put in another tier. And Cinderella's Royal Table for dinner, $55 for an adult and that 3 year old is $34! WOW! And having weekend room rates that they started a few years back. For years they never did that even though most major hotels chains did. Even booking discounts. If your 1st night was the last day of the promotion that rate carried the entire stay. Same thing with seasons. If your 1st night was the last night of value season that rate carried your entire stay even though all other nights were regular season dates. Over the years I've saved many of my clients hundred of dollars having them tweak their itinerary by one day. But not anymore. Regular Season 1, Regular Season 2, Fall Season. I can understand Holiday Season as the entire world celebrates Christmas. But in October two weeks of the month are higher than the other two. These things that people don't realize or see. Sure ticket prices are out there in the open and effects everyone. But it the things you see when you peek under the covers that is alarming. This is increased revenue for Disney