1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

walmart or target

Discussion in 'Shopping & Other Activities' started by mgmrach, Oct 31, 2008.

1. mgmrach

mgmrach Imagineer

We almost always find a nice walmart to browse around but friends have been saying that walmart has gone downhill and we should be finding a super target

Is that valid advice and if so where is the closest supertarget to disney?

2. foreverducky

foreverducky Addicted to Mickey

I do tend to find Targets in general to be cleaner, but that could all be surface level. However, they also tend to be more expensive on everything.

3. Watchinherskip

Watchinherskip Better known as "That Guy"

Our family enjoys shopping at Target, and dreads the necessity of shopping at Walmart for the slightly lower prices.

4. foreverducky

Not too mention, i find that Walmart is ALWAYS packed, which doesn't seem to be the case with Target.

5. Taja

Taja Earning my ears

There's a Target Super Centre at the Florida Mall. I'm not sure if it has an entrance from the mall or if it's a satellite store. If you're approaching Florida Mall from WDW (not sure about the street--is it I-Drive?), go just beyond the mall and turn right into the parking lot. It will be on the right side, with other stores across the parking lot on the left. Tourist directions. :rolleyes: Sorry!

This store is older and a bit smaller than the newer one that's farther away. I can get there, but not give directions. :oops: It's off SR 535--it curves left or becomes a new street. I think it's in Kissimmee. Again, silly tourist directions!

All of our (Phoenix) Target stores have been renovated over the past three years and WalMart has been following suit for the past two years. Not sure what's being or has been done in the Orlando area.

6. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

There is a Super Target near the Millenia Mall. It's "across the road" and fairly easy access.

It has a wide selection and I far prefer Target to Walmart (a place I avoid whenever I can).

Don't mean to imply that I go to Target often, but I'll go there before Walmart.

The products are nicer, the staff more informed and easier to work with, the stores cleaner and the selection is better than any Walmart I've been in.

7. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

We've been to the Super Target near the Mall at Millenia and it's really nice. We found the staff really helpful and friendly. I didn't think their prices were too bad either and their fresh produce seemed to be much nicer than Walmart.

8. foreverducky

the problem is i can't afford most of target, they definitely have a good produce section, kind of like a mejiers

9. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

I'm too wicked fussy about food. :sorry: I prefer Publix, Whole Foods or Fresh Market.

I use Target for things other than food.

10. Ursula

Ursula Cast Member

Ooh we LOVE them all!

11. Johnie

Johnie Budget Queen Forum Host

We have Super Walmart around here and just regular Target. I love both. Both stores have a minimum $40 cover charge :p

Target has some phenomenal deals. You have to go to the endcaps near the walls to find them though. Alysia found one of those round cushion chairs that is on a stand on clearance for $20!! I also got my Mickey smoothie maker for $20 there.

Wal-Mart is always packed I agree.

Bathrooms in both stores are gross.

12. coombsyl

coombsyl Earning my ears

I am embarrassed to say that I have never been in a Target as I always thought they were like a sort of Staples, i.e. stationery and computers. I think it was just the colour of their signs :oops:

I aim to rectify the situation in a couple of weeks and will definitely be visiting Posner Park (may also give JC Penney a nosey too:yes:)

13. Tink2

Tink2 Earning my ears

We love Super Target and usually visit all the ones in the Orlando area during our trip. We rarely go into Walmart as it's usually crowded and dirty, where as Target is much cleaner and rarely packed out. The other benefit of Target is that they have a Starbucks concession inside :yes:

There are quite a few around so it's worth checking on the Target website. When we were there in the summer they were building a new one on the 192 opposite Publix so when that one is open it will be the closest to Disney.

14. mainecoon lover

mainecoon lover Addicted to Mickey

Whats a $40 cover charge :confused:.

We visited both last year and much prefered Target although Walmart was good. I think if i remember right i spent more in Target not because it cost more, just that it took my fancy. There is a Target just across the road from Florida mall. You do have to cross the road and it can be busy but we managed it with dd in her wheelchair.

15. foreverducky

I believe she was joking and stating that she usually spends at least $40 there. :D

16. mainecoon lover

mainecoon lover Addicted to Mickey

ah :lol: