1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the Disney & Orlando Secrets Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community...
    It's easy, fast, totally free (and always will be) and you'll be able to start chatting immediately :)

Walt Disney World 20th Anniversary Marathon Medal Revealed

Discussion in 'General News & Rumors' started by Wendy, Aug 14, 2012.

1. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

It looks like runDisney has pulled out all of the stops in designing a medal for next year’s 20th anniversary Walt Disney World Marathon, January 10-13. The medal has been revealed after a two-week social media campaign called “The Great Medal Caper” in which fans such as you got to unlock clues to eventually unveil the medal.

20th-anniversary-marathon-medal.jpg

The medal is completely different to any other medal that has been created before. It has the traditional round shape, but it features two spinning parts, including a medallion with a classic image of Mickey Mouse on one side and a modern image of him on the other side.

There are also two engraved quotes from Walt Disney himself.

2. Watchinherskip

Watchinherskip Better known as "That Guy"

Very cool! What a great look. Was down there for the last one in January. Didn't participate of course, but saw the runners all day. I was envious of their medals as they wore them in the park. They deserved them of course.

3. Mari

Mari Serious Forum Regular

Wow !! Love it!!

Could never ever run a marathon, but if I ever did, the Disney one would be it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk