1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Walt Disney World Making a Change to their Extra Magic Hours

Discussion in 'Walt Disney World News & Rumors' started by Wendy, Jul 21, 2012.

1. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

It looks like Walt Disney World Guests will be losing some of their evening extra magic 3 hours park time.

According to the WDW website, it looks like there is going to be a change, on the Extra Magic Hours page it states:

As Disney are still to release details of their EMH for January 2013 it would seem that this is when it will come into effect.

I wonder if this is for the new xpass which rumours say will allow guests to pay extra for certain benefits, it will be interesting to see.

Do you stay onsite, what do you think about this new move by Disney?
  2. foreverducky

foreverducky Addicted to Mickey

I find this disappointing.

Also, what is this new xpass....did I miss a thread?
  3. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

I don't think so, I was referring to the next generation fastpass that has been nicknamed the x pass.

There is a little bit about it here
  4. keith

keith Camera nut Staff Member Administrator Forum Host

sigh, I did wonder when this would happen. The last hour is often so late that the parks are near deserted.

Of course I LOVE the three hours evening emh. We mainly stay offsite these days but we sometimes add in a bit of onsite PURELY to get the EMH. I love 3am at the magic kingdom :)

So yeah, unfortunately I'm sure that they can tell by the attendance figures that they can cull the last hour and save money without annoying too many people but for me it's just another example of Disney closing earlier of an evening.

Look at the hoop dee doo.... last show an hour earlier. Nothing late at pleasure island etc.

As adults, we tend to prefer Evenings because there are less kids around etc. so the less going on at Disney, the more we end up at places like universal citywalk.
  5. Johnie

Johnie Budget Queen Forum Host

This just makes me realize that my money goes a lot further when staying off site
  6. foreverducky

foreverducky Addicted to Mickey

Hmmm...between this xpass and missing hour now I'm not happy with possible changes at all.
  7. DisneyFreak

DisneyFreak Serious Forum Regular

BOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown:
  8. Tinkfan

Tinkfan Earning my ears

I think that just stinks:sorry::thumbsdown:
  9. Sam

Sam Imagineer

We don't stay on the resorts due to budget mostly, but I think if you do pay all that extra to stay in the Disney Hotels, guests should get some extras. If Disney's not careful the resorts will just become expensive hotels, with no perks. A friend of mine likes to stay at the resorts especially for the emh.
  10. keith

keith Camera nut Staff Member Administrator Forum Host

emh is the major perk for us of staying onsite. Sure, some of the hotels have other things going for them like theming but *some* are very basic, outside motel style rooms with no particular advantage other than the disney bus service and little things like emh.

prices keep going up, services offered keep going down. Not a good policy with Universal down the road expanding all the time.