Walt Disney World Park Price Increase Imminent

Discussion in 'Walt Disney World News & Rumors' started by Wendy, Feb 19, 2015.

1. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou Makuakane Administrator

According to WFTV.com ticket prices for the Magic Kingdom are due to increase from $99 to $105 plus tax on Sunday.

Disney haven't made any comment but if this is true then it falls in line with previous price increases in February.

I haven't seen anything else, but I will keep my eyes open for more news.

2. keith

keith Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Home Page:
    Yeah everything I've been reading says that Disney were polling to see how a >$100 ticket would affect the gates and had come to the conclusion that it wouldn't affect them at all (other than bringing in more money!)

point being, if people have paid thousands to get there, stay on site etc. who cares if it's 99 or 105.

Now ok, BUT, I'm surprised that they're not trying to get even MORE out of gate sales to pay for the nexgen bands and system. That's cost millions and they need that money back. So it makes me wonder, will it ONLY be 105? How much will an AP go up by :/

3. Tink

Tink Administrator Staff Member Administrator

It's confirmed. It was all over the local news yesterday. Also, there is an increase for the Florida Resident ticket, too. :sigh:
    So, if one were to stay one week at a value resort, family of four, during a summer month (June through end of August) roughly how much would the lodging and tickets be, I wonder? I can't even imagine what it costs to bring a family and have a proper holiday at Disney.

4. keith

keith Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Home Page:
    well let's take flying from manchester in economy, cheapest virgin flights.... 4 adult tickets (I guess cheaper if theyre young kids) - let's say, £3200
    £2000 for 7 nights in pop century with park tickets I think

So £5200 ish which at current exchange rate would be about $7800 or so before food/souveniers etc.

5. Tink

Tink Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Good grief. :eek: