Walt Disney World Refurbishments March 2015

Discussion in 'Refurbs/Closures' started by Wendy, Mar 3, 2015.

1. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou Makuakane Staff Member Administrator

Magic Kingdom
    Monorail.......................10th March 2015 - Summer 2015 on Tuesdays and Wednesdays from 11.30am - 6pm
    • The Walt Disney World Resort Monorail System will undergo refurbishment that will impact the Express monorail beam which runs between the Ticket and Transportation Center and the Magic Kingdom.
    • The Resort beam will continue to run downtimes. Guests arriving at the Ticket and Transportation Center during downtimes will be directed to the ferry boats.
    Cinderella's Royal Table...............................5th January - 6th March 2015
    Harmony Barber Shop...............................16th February - 29th March 2015
    Pirates of the Caribbean...............................11th May - 25th September 2015
    Jungle Cruise...............................13th April - 8th May 2015
    Big Thunder Mountain Railroad...............................27th - 30th April 2015
    it's a small world...............................14th - 17th April 2015
    Dream Along with Mickey...............................19th July - 22nd August 2015
    Liberty Tree Tavern...............................6th July - 19th November 2015
    Liberty Square Riverboat...............................4th - 10th August 2015

Disney's Hollywood Studios
    Lights Motor Action...............................20th - 24th April 2015
    Voyage of the Little Mermaid...............................7th - 10th September 2015

Disney's Animal Kingdom
    Flame Tree BBQ............................... 5th January - 22nd April 2015
    Creature Comforts............................... 5th January - 14th June 2015

Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas - Jambo House
    Lobby Floor Refinishing...............................6th January - 6th March 2015
    • Flooring work to take place in sections at Jambo House. Work will be done in sections so only portions will be out at a time.
    Disney's Art of Animation Resort
    Finding Nemo Schoolyard Wet Play Area...............................26th May - 29th June 2015

Disney's Beach Club Resort
    Guest Room Renovations...............................13th October 2014- 22nd August 2015
    • Guest rooms will be refurbished with new hard and soft goods. Guests will not be accommodated in the affected areas but it is possible that some noise could travel while work is in progress (between 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. daily).
    Disney's Polynesian Village Resort
    General Construction...............................December 2014 - March 2015
    • The east portion of the beach (near the Transportation and Ticket Center) and Sunset Point are being refurbished and are unavailable. Guests may see or hear work in progress.
    Nanea Volcano Pool and Slide...............................Spring 2015
    • The main pool and slide will be closed for enhancements. Guests who stay at Disney's Polynesian Village Resort while the main pool is closed will receive one complimentary ticket for each member of their party to visit Disney's Typhoon Lagoon Water Park during their stay.
    Walt Disney World Swan Hotel
    Guest Room Renovations...............................20th August - TBD
    • Renovation work is scheduled to take place between 9 a.m. - 7 p.m. daily. No guests will be accommodated in the renovation area as to minimize impact on the guest experience.
    Downtown Disney Area
    Roadwork on Buena Vista Drive...............................Through March 2016
    • Due to heavy roadwork, expect delays on Buena Vista Drive. It is recommended that Guests use complimentary Walt Disney World Resort transportation from Parks and Resorts to Downtown Disney and plan to arrive early for reserved dining and entertainment experiences.
    Parking Lots - Entrance 2 - Lots A-G...............................1st December 2014 - 1st August 2016
    • Loss of parking lot Entrance 2 to Guest/Cast traffic and associated lots A-G in preparation for the construction of Town Center and the East Garage.

2. Tink

Tink Administrator Staff Member Administrator

And although it's not WDW, let's not forget the I4 construction that has started and is scheduled to continue for SIX years! :( Avoid I4 at all costs.

3. uscwest

uscwest Well-Known Member

Since we take the Auto Train into Sanford most of the time now I use 417. Yeah it has tolls and is not cheap but it beats I-4

4. Tony G

Tony G Active Member

Villa Owner
    Home Page:
    Tink, is it causing delays from MCO (Route 528) to the 192?

I've only recently finished editing a movie of the journey from the airport to my villa to help my guests. Do you think I should shoot another one using the 417 route?

5. Tink

Tink Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Shoot another, although right now there isn't a huge impact on the area you are asking about. What will happen though, is that the backups from the construction area (essentially the greater part of downtown) will cause jams further east and west of the actual construction site. The news is full of reports to stay off I4 as much as possible and always have an alternate route for your travel and or destination.

6. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou Makuakane Staff Member Administrator

I always use the 417 as well, I think it is so much faster and for the sake of a few dollars the sooner I can stop travelling the better.

Tony, I think that's a brilliant idea with the video but I would do one of the 417 as well, it gives people the choice.