1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Walt Disney World to try new Wishes Fireworks Dessert Party

Discussion in 'Walt Disney World News & Rumors' started by eeyoreguy, Jun 22, 2009.

1. Dizneyblonde

Dizneyblonde Secret's Birthday Fairy!

I'm getting into training to race you to the desserts!

2. lisaw

lisaw Serious Forum Regular

I am going to have a very early dinner that day now I have seen that lot!

I missed out on the dessert buffet on the cruise as I had an awful migraine :rolleyes: I just took photos :lol: I intend to make up for it :D

3. Dizneyblonde

Dizneyblonde Secret's Birthday Fairy!

Elasticated waistbands that day!

4. Mari

Mari Serious Forum Regular

I would go for maternity pants...

they do WONDERS!!!

hahahaha

5. PirateKen

PirateKen Earning my ears

Friends of mine and I did this, I think it was the fourth one they did. We all thought it was awesome. The view is really good, not as good as my favorite spot near the hub, but really good. The dessert were fantastic and there were lots of them and they kept them stocked fairly well. There were fruit tarts, fruit plates: watermelon, honey dew and cantaloupe, grapes and strawberries, chocolate covered strawberries, mango shooters three kinds of cheesecake, pistachio flan, regular flan, chocolate cakes, chocolate mousse cups, brownies, cookies, almond tarts, chocolate chip canoles, pudding, a mint thing in a cup that was really good, little cakes with small rolled up wafers in them, kiwi tarts, and more. To drink there was water, lemonade, blackberry iced tea, regular iced tea, decaf iced tea, hot tea and coffee:regular and decaf, mint iced tea ad something else cold that I cannot remember. No soda. the blackberry tea was really wonderful, oh yeah applejuice!

When the fireworks start they start to clean up the tables where you sit. It is indeed in the lower area between Tomorrowland and the Noodles Station that is used. It is the easiest to block off and keep secure. Since the number of people is limited, everyone gets a great spot to view the fireworks. Maybe Disneyis just trying to make money, but we all thought that this was the greatest way to wait for the fireworks. We sat and chowed on really good desserts and talked. I would recommend it!

6. keith

keith Camera nut Staff Member Administrator Forum Host

wow thanks for the review :yes: ! Will have to try it

7. Tinkfan

Tinkfan Earning my ears

:wave: Question for our TA, do you think they will extend this thru September? DS would love this and I wouldn't mind trying it for him.

8. Tinker

Tinker Earning my ears

The desserts look fabulous , but I agree with Tink & uscwest on the viewing spot . Especially with where you may be seated . I always enjoyed watching Wishes from where the smokers ( now would need mask ) :lol: down by the yellow and white tables . Below the noodle station ? Was a great viewing spot , but then they made it a private area for AAA members . Do you know if it is still used as a private viewing area ? In June, I watched Wishes, from the middle of Main Street near the Ice Cream Store .
    the difference is near the Noodle Station is a great viweing spot for my favorite pixie .

9. lisaw

lisaw Serious Forum Regular

Thanks for that - great review, can't wait now! :D

10. Tinker

Tinker Earning my ears

Well then, if I had read more into PirateKen's post, I would have known . OK, guess that answered my question . :lol: Thanks PirateKen for the review . Might just have to ring up for this if they extend it .

11. Shellyamc

Shellyamc Serious Forum Regular

Wow..that sounds amazing!! I could just bounce back home after all that sugar :bounce:

12. Tinker

Tinker Earning my ears

:lol: that was a good one Shelly .