1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Walt Disney World unveils new monorail train

Discussion in 'Walt Disney World News & Rumors' started by eeyoreguy, Oct 16, 2009.

1. eeyoreguy

eeyoreguy Earning my ears

The new monorail train has been built from undamaged sections of two trains, pink and purple, damaged in the fatal collision which occurred earlier this year.

The new train will carry a teal stripe. Pink and Purple will be permanently retired as monorail colours out of respect for cast members involved in the accident.

The new train will be extensively tested before being put into service later this year. Disney also plans to add a 12th train later in 2010.

2. Crafty 475

Crafty 475 Earning my ears

This is great can't wait to take my first ride.

3. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

The Pink Train is the one Princess Di rode. :( I'll be sorry to see it go, as it was always a gentle reminder of her and the time she spent here with her boys. I totally understand and agree though. The train colors should be retired (although purple was my personal favorite).

It's only right to do so.

I wish they would bring the jazzy monorails from DL in California to WDW! Those babies are sweet!!!! I LOVE the candy apple red one! :yes:

4. BigThunder

BigThunder a cool thingy

Do pink & purple together make teal by any chance?? I was never good at that. If so, that's cool tho I'm not thinking they do.

I still get sad when I think about that boy & his poor family. Such a sad thing.

Do they still allow guests in the front car now? I figured that would be taken away.