1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Walt Disney World's Art of Animation Announcement

Discussion in 'Walt Disney World News & Rumors' started by Wendy, Mar 23, 2012.

1. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla., Mar. 22, 2012 – The wings dedicated to the popular films featured at Disney’s Art of Animation Resort will now be opening than sooner than expected after the resort hotel’s grand opening May 31.

art-of-animation-sign.jpg

“We are excited that the Cars, The Lion King, and The Little Mermaid wings at Disney’s Art of Animation Resort will all open earlier than we originally planned, bringing more permanent resort jobs to Central Florida sooner,” said Kevin Myers, vice president of resort operations for Walt Disney World Resort. “Demand for family suites exists in the marketplace today and the new opening dates reflect how optimistic we are about tourism in Central Florida.”

The Finding Nemo wings of the resort will open May 31;

art-of-animation-playground.jpg

Finding Nemo PLayground​

Cars will now open June 18 instead of July 31;

The Lion King will open August 10 instead of September 30.

The value rooms at The Little Mermaid wings on September 15 instead of at the end of this year.

In size and scope the construction of Disney’s Art of Animation Resort is a major project at Walt Disney World Resort. The project has created 800 construction jobs and once open later this year, Disney’s Art of Animation Resort will create 750 permanent resort hotel jobs.

The Lion King, Cars and Finding Nemo buildings will be entirely family suites, with 1,120 suites between them. The Little Mermaid buildings will feature 864 rooms in the “value” room category.

The construction of family suites at Disney’s Art of Animation Resort is an innovative approach to a changing marketplace. Today more and more multi-generational families are traveling together for various celebrations, including family reunions. These families not only want to play together, they want to stay together, which has created tremendous demand for family suites.

art-of-animation-sketches.jpg

Sketches on the walls​

• Disney also unveiled the look of new Cast Member costumes at Disney’s Art of Animation Resort.

• Each front desk Cast Member will wear a unique splattered-ink vest representing an animator’s unique creative process as part of their costume.

Also, as Guests move from the check-in area to Merchandise and Food & Beverage locations, Cast Members in those locations will be wearing colorful costumes that represent the color being added to animation.

2. Deafjeff

Deafjeff Serious Forum Regular

3. Lisa1976

Lisa1976 Addicted to Mickey

I didn't realise it would be as expensive as it is stay there, some how I got into my head it was a value resort, oh well. I'll definitely begging for a look round though as the themeing looks fab :)

4. uscwest

uscwest Senior Cast Member

Lisa it is a value resort. It is the suites that are so expensive. A regular room, is only slightly more than what you would pay at any other value.

5. Johnie

Johnie Budget Queen Forum Host

The regular rooms haven't even been completed yet. The suites are opening in stages. They are crazy expensive IMO. It was cheaper for us to go to POR than stay there. Plus Disney is not giving any discounts for them at this time.

6. Shellyamc

Shellyamc Serious Forum Regular

I found the same thing when I was crunching numbers. It was around $2500 more expensive for us to stay in these suites than the All Star Music ones. :yes: That is a lot of cash that could go for something else. We also found that we could stay cheaper in the new "royal" rooms..but I can't think of where they are for the life of me right now.

7. Johnie

Johnie Budget Queen Forum Host

POR. A client booked the new royal room for her upcoming stay. They aren't ready yet and she got upgraded to the poly

8. Shellyamc

Shellyamc Serious Forum Regular

I did see that..what a sweet upgrade that is :D

I just couldn't believe that they were cheaper than the suites at the Art of Animation. Sure does make me think twice..

9. Mari

Mari Serious Forum Regular

Oh... You mean, THIS client? Hahaha :)

Best upgrade ever!!!! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Mari

Mari Serious Forum Regular

I also think its way too expensive, cute, and they do plan to cash in on all those themed rooms!

I think it was about time a character themed resort was built, but I just dont see myself paying almost deluxe prices for a value just because its Nemo themed...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk