1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Walt Disney World's New Fantasyland Offers a Taste of the Be Our Guest Restaurant

Discussion in 'Walt Disney World News & Rumors' started by Wendy, Mar 8, 2012.

1. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

Be our guest! Be our guest! Put our service to the test!” Or so the song goes. Who doesn’t love this playful scene from “Beauty and The Beast,” in which the enchanted staff welcomes Belle to the castle in grand style?

And speaking of “style,” Walt Disney Imagineering (WDI) has been busy recreating the castle’s very detailed beauty in the form of the Be Our Guest Restaurant in New Fantasyland at Magic Kingdom Park.

In this video, provided by WDI, Senior Concept Designer Ted Robledo presents our very first sneak peek inside this highly anticipated restaurant. Imagineers recently put the finishing touches on one of its major elements: a massive mural that will serve as the restaurant’s backdrop. Here, Ted shows how WDI combined digital technology with traditional artistry to create a sweeping landscape that gives guests the feeling that they really are walking into a part of the film.

[video=youtube;j_zJMY46qSs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_zJMY46qSs&hd=1[/video]​
  2. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

I can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  3. uscwest

uscwest Senior Cast Member

Looking forward to a visit there and to see what their menu is going to look like.
  4. Britchick

Britchick Serious Forum Regular

if i only go to this place for the rest of my life I will be happy! can you see how excitable i am!!
  5. Kate

Kate Serious Forum Regular

Its going to be beautiful! :mental:

They are going to transport you into the middle of nowhere - then when you've finished your meal you go outside along with the other thousands of people! id feel very confused! :lol: