1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Walt Disney World's New Reservations Cancellation PolicyDelayed

Discussion in 'Walt Disney World News & Rumors' started by Wendy, Oct 31, 2013.

1. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

The new cancellation policy Disney announced recently, that all sit down restaurants in the Walt Disney Resort would require a credit card hold has been temporarily delayed.

A spokesperson from Disney said:

"Please, be advised that the expansion of the cancellation policy to all Walt Disney World Resort table-service locations (including Operating Participant locations) has been temporarily delayed. Communication will be provided once the new start date has been determined. The cancellation policy remains in place for all table-service locations that are currently part of the policy."

I wonder if there has been so much backlash from Guests that they have decided to look into this again.

Personally, I think it is a good idea and I hope the delay doesn't mean it will be cancelled for good.
  2. uscwest

uscwest Senior Cast Member

You aren't the only one. The credit card hold is good. It is the 24 hour policy they need to look at IMHO.
  3. Slowhand

Slowhand Cruise Director Forum Host

Well that`s odd because I made an ADR only today and had to provide my cc details!
    [Which I think is a good idea BTW and must surely deter folks from making multiple ADR`s and then never showing up and thus spoiling it for the rest of us. ]
  4. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

You still have to give a CC for signature restaurants :)
  5. DisneyFreak

DisneyFreak Serious Forum Regular

I am for this as well. Don't cave Disney!!
  6. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

They have to have a fair way to allow cancellations at the last minute. People do get sick, emergencies do happen, those sorts of things. If they are not going to be able to manage that, then they will have problems.
  7. MrDanielOwens

MrDanielOwens Imagineer

After hearing about the abuse to ADRs, I agree that Disney should definitely move forward sooner rather than later.
  8. Suebeattie

Suebeattie Imagineer

I can understand why they would do this. When we were at liberty tree square tavern last Tuesday as I was checking us in a guy was there cancelling his reservation in a couple of hours time (or less). I could understand if someone was ill but they had just changed their mind. I think by adding credit card details would make people think more carefully about their reservations and cancel a bit earlier if they need to which would then give someone the opportunity to take the reservation.
    What would be good is if you could get a notification if a reservation become available. I know that would be a huge system to put in place but I really wanted to get a dinner ADR for be our guest but couldn't get one. I'm sure the days we were at MK we could have got one as people would have cancelled but it was always fully booked when I looked.
  9. MrDanielOwens

MrDanielOwens Imagineer

Last December on the 23, Be Our Guest's soonest opening was 4 months out. I have the 6 month mark before our honeymoon marked and an alert set on my calendar, so I can start making ADRs.