1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

WDW AP

Discussion in 'Tickets, Offers and Discounts' started by Isafari, Oct 11, 2009.

1. Isafari

Isafari Wild Animal Expert

I am about to tick the box to buy our annual passes to WDW. Just want to check something first.
    I am buying them today but, am I correct in saying that the passes don't actually start until the first day of use....which won't be until December.

Also, if I choose the free option of WillCall, will I get comfirmation etc via email of the payments and tickets numbers?
  2. daveann

daveann Addicted to Mickey

if you can do it online i will be very suprised as had a week trying and had to ring in the end

if its a new pass it will be from the day you pick it up at the desk yes :)
  3. Isafari

I did have to ring as my card was declined :unsure:
    I suppose the bank were just doing their job and protecting my money. Anyway, after ringing the bank and letting them know it was actually me who was trying to make the payment, they gave the go ahead and I have now renewed my AP's.
  4. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

Hmmmm, not sure how it works overseas, but renewing APs is the catch. If you have had APs and are renewing them within the cycle, then the dates should start at the date of expiration. If the old APs actually expired and you are buying new ones (therefore starting a new cycle) then you would get a voucher to exchange for the actual ticket. In that instance the clock would start ticking on the date you exchange for the ticket.

I hope that made sense? :unsure:
  5. keith

keith Camera nut Staff Member Administrator Forum Host

yep that's why I had problems last year. I thought there may be a grace period or something for renewals but nope, they HAD to start when the old ones expired so it made it pointless for me to do.

I think now though you renew and receive 15months for the price of 12? I think? maybe? so it's a bit better anyway? (possibly if I remember correctly :lol: )
  6. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

Yes. Seth's Da just bought him a child's AP and it will last for 15 months for the price of 12. A good choice.

Yes, renewal versus purchasing with a new cycle is something to be alert to. Particularly when you are traveling from a distance and can use the AP only during those visits (unlike living close enough to use it at will).
  7. uscwest

uscwest Senior Cast Member

We renewed our APs this year. But it was past the date so our dates got reset as Tink says. The 15 months for the price of 12 however, appears to only be good for FL residents.

Diane you should receive confirmation of the purchase with a number on it but you won't actually get the numbers for the tickets until the tickets are issued. They are good for 1 year from date of issue. They can be picked up at ANY Guest Relations window.
  8. Isafari

Thanks guys. I rang the tickets line and have renewed our AP's which run until 21st December.
    So, the new passes should start 22nd December.

Will I be able to pick the new passes up before the renew date? We will be at WDW on the 20th but then won't be back until 24th. I don't want to leave it until 24th and find I have missed my deadline or anything :unsure:

The passes have been paid for in advance and I got a $40 discount per ticket for renewing.
  9. BigThunder

BigThunder a cool thingy

15 months for the price of 12?!!?!? Someone do tell! I have to buy APs for our next trip & I'm saving up to do that now as I won't actually need them until July but that sounds like a great deal if you can get some extra months.

I also thought there was a grace period to renew but if you do then the date they begin goes back to when the original AP expired?? If so, that would never work for me.

I just priced the different ticket options today & with the DVC discount of $100 per pass I think we are going to go that route because even we can only get one more vacation out of them we will still save $780 to the best of my calculations.
  10. uscwest

uscwest Senior Cast Member

You should be able to pick up your new passes before the actual date.
  11. Johnie

Johnie Budget Queen Forum Host

The 15 months for the price of 12 is only good for renewal AP's. I renewed mine in Aug and it's good till Dec 2010. You can get the offer a month before and a month after the actual AP expiration date.
  12. Isafari

Thanks John :thumbsup: We're visiting WDW on the 20th and need to go to GR for DH's birthday voucher so hopefully we can pick our new AP's up then.

It was never mentioned that we got 15 months for the price of 12 when I was on the phone....is this just for US residents?
  13. Johnie

I don't know. It's not been advertised very well. Though the signs on the booths say that FL resident AP holders get the same deal.
  14. Johnie

From the Orlando Sentinal:

In a sign Walt Disney World fears cash-strapped annual passholders may opt not to renew, the resort has quietly rolled out a new promotion offering 15 months for the price of 12. It's the first time Disney has made such an offer to passholders, a spokeswoman said.

The promotion began Aug. 2 (the same day Disney raised annual-pass prices) and applies to passes that expire Sept. 1 or later. To get the extra three months, a passholder must be within his or her customary renewal window, 60 days or less from the expiration date. They must renew no later than the expiration date. The offer applies to all types of annual passes, excluding "Epcot After 4" passes.

Disney has not widely broadcast the promotion, instead opting only to contact eligible passholders directly via mail and e-mail. The resort has not said how long the promotion will last. "We're going to periodically evaluate the program to determine how long it will run," Disney spokeswoman Kim Prunty said.
  15. Slowhand

Slowhand Cruise Director Forum Host

We renewed ours when we were there using our DVC discount and it WAS valid for 15 months. We didn`t have to show that we owned a house "over there".
  16. Johnie

No, it's good for anyone who has an AP and needs to renew.