1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

WDW in November

Discussion in 'General' started by Deafjeff, Apr 28, 2013.

1. Deafjeff

Deafjeff Serious Forum Regular

Hi all,

We are thinking of either going to WDW in sept or Nov next year.

I would love to see the Christmas decorations. Just wondering what it like in November? Is there anything that would be closed?

Jeff

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

2. keith

keith Camera nut Staff Member Administrator Forum Host

I really rate November/early december very highly indeed.

Depending on the dates, Christmas decorations will be up but yet it will be as quiet as you're going to see Disney (other than Jan/feb which I think is a bit of a boring time).

The weather is milder, sun not so uncompromisingly harsh but the evenings can get quite chilly and unpredictable, so layers usually the way to go.

Some dinner shows may not proceed if it's particularly cold, can be a problem with the luau in particular.

There's the Mickeys Christmas party which I feel has lost a lot of its spirit but still worth a go.

September/October have the Halloween party which is even better :) although a bit more afternoon rainstormy in my experience.

Still, both periods are great

3. Britchick

Britchick Serious Forum Regular

I would try and avoid the week of Thanksgiving as the crowds get up to 10/10. Our favourite time is the two weeks at the beginning of December.

4. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

Yep, avoid the week of Thanksgiving. :yes: Thanksgiving is the fourth Thursday in November. Just after that holiday and early in December are fabulous times to visit. The decorations and all the Christmas shows/events/etc. are up and running as of Thanksgiving so you get the full feel without all the chaos of the actual week of Christmas.

Hope that helps a bit! :yes:

5. Deafjeff

Deafjeff Serious Forum Regular

You all are star!!

Will ask our travel agent to price Sept and Nov to see if there are significant price different.