1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

We Are In----- Pop Century 8/25-9/1

Discussion in 'Trip Reports' started by BUTTERHEAD1, Jul 17, 2013.

1. BUTTERHEAD1

BUTTERHEAD1 Addicted to Mickey

After waiting months for a free dining offer in August and then hoping that Disney would send us a free dining pin code I sent an email to Disney explaining that last year I went to WDW during the free dining period and was never offered the bounce back offer and that the other 4 groups in our party also did not receive the opportunity to book the bounce back offer prior to check-out. After a day I received a call from a cast member who verified that I stayed last year utilizing the free dining offer and stated that I should have been offered it. I asked if it was possible that I could book the bounce back offer now..... I was put on hold....and she came back and said I could.... Yeah!!!!
    I booked Pop for 7 nights starting August 25th... I upgraded the quick service to the regular dining plan and got base tickets for $2,615. The ironic part was that when she called I was online pricing trips to Hershey park and the Jersey Shore thinking that Free Dining wasn't going to happen.
  2. Johnie

Johnie Budget Queen Forum Host

Great news!
  3. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

Now that's service! So pleased for you that Disney did the "right" thing here. Nice that they valued your holiday dollars enough to work with you. :yes: It's crazy hot, so be ready for that.
  4. BUTTERHEAD1

BUTTERHEAD1 Addicted to Mickey

Thanks Tink.. It's blistering hot up here in NYC too. It's been hovering in the mid to upper 90's for the last two weeks. I've been to WDW in August about 10 times now and I know how hot and humid it gets which is fine by me. A hot humid day in Disney is better than a perfect day in NY plus it makes the pool much more refreshing fir that late night dip. I am extremely grateful to the cast member who called me today. She saved me at least a thousand dollars. When we finished our call she gave me her direct number and told me to call her anytime I need anything...nice touch.
  5. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

Seriously nice touch! I can't imagine that kind of heat and humidity in the city. Whew. I forget that you come down in August a lot. No stranger then, to the heat and brutal humidity. The rain storms are harsher this year, than in some years past. Much lightening and very hard rain. You'll be fine. :yes: Safe journey!