1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

We have our ADR's!!!!

Discussion in 'Trip Reports' started by Tinkfan, Jun 28, 2009.

1. Tinkfan

Tinkfan Earning my ears

:wave: We have our reservations for free dining in September, Tammy at Kingdom Kunsultants has been awesome to work with, always on top of things, so here goes.. What do you rhink?

Sat. Sept.26- counter service somewhere when we arrive.

Sun. Sept.27 B- crystal Palace and dinner at the Wave. Have never eaten there yet

Mon, Sept.28 D- the Coral Reef

Tues. Sept 29 MNSSHP- dinner at Chef Mickey

Wed Sept.30 D- 50's Primetime Haven't eaten there since Ty was 4

Thurs, Oct.1 Wolfgang Puck cafe (not so sure about this one to be honest)

Fri. D- Boma

Sat. Oct.3 ( last night) D- at le cellier ( we've never been able to get a ressie here in all the years we've been coming! Is it worth the hype?)

Well what do you all think? :2thumbsup: or :thumbsdown:
  2. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

I think you've got some amazing reservations!!! :yes: I so hope you like Le Cellier. We've not been in some time (can't get an ADR!) but have always enjoyed it when we've gone.

I'm afraid of the Puck's ressie. :sorry: We had a pretty poor meal there recently, so I can't recommend it. On the other hand, you know? Things change so quickly...

You are brave souls! I'm too afraid to eat at Prime Time. :spring:

Let us know how you found the Wave, ok? :yes:

Well, let us know how you liked them all, of course! :D
  3. Isafari

Isafari Wild Animal Expert

Wow, some great reservations :yes:
    We love le cellier. It's our favourite park restaurant.
  4. Tinkfan

Tinkfan Earning my ears

I was afraid of that one based on what you had said but it appears tough to get a ressie anywhere in DTD at that time, What would you recommend Tink?
  5. Tinkfan

Tinkfan Earning my ears

Glad to hear that, any menu favorites?
  6. keith

keith Camera nut Staff Member Administrator Forum Host

Right, you've got some awesome ones there :thumbsup: I can't help but mention that wolfgang pucks cafe has gone downhill BUT when it's good, we really like it! So perhaps worth a shot :yes:

We haven't been mega impressed with the wave. We had some really snotty reception staff there on a couple of occasions.

Once in, the server really tried hard but English wasn't his first language so we did have to explain things over and over. The food was "ok". I wouldn't rush back but it was "ok". Full review in our dining review section http://wdisneysecrets.com/reviews/showproduct.php/product/3/cat/22

In short, if this is to be a special dinner or one you splash out on, I'd book somewhere else. It's NOT good enough for that but if it's just somewhere new to try then great!

Le cellier is good but constantly packed so you may have a bit of a wait depending when you go.

Boma will be a bit of a highlight of course especially if you get there early enough to have a good look around :)
  7. Tink

Oh geez. DTD? I think it's very hard to find a decent meal in DTD any more. :( Now please, I've come to think that my problem is that I've been around too long and remember too much (with great fondness) the way things used to be. It's hard to live up to the standards of the past, eh?

I'm also pretty particular about what I eat "out." By that I mean, Herself and I like to cook and we do a good job of it. :yes: So, when we dine out, I want something better than what I could cook at home. Does that make sense? If I'm given something that I could make better, then I'm not happy right off the mark.

Atmosphere is something, true but for me service, food quality, and food preparation are the key factors. We go out to dinner to talk, converse, enjoy one another's company (and the company of those who may be with us) so we like less noisy places. HOB is wicked loud, so we can't talk...

All that to say, I honestly don't know what to tell you. I'm tempted to tell you to try the Turf Room at SSR! We've not dined there yet, but an acquaintance of ours works there and is very positive about the food and service.
  8. keith

Isafari was recommending Bongos in another thread! Never been there myself but would like to try it
  9. Tink

Keith, I'm glad you mentioned the Wave. I feel lately, like all I do is criticize Disney dining places. We were not pleased with the Wave either, and Herself's Mom had lunch there recently (MUCH easier to please than I) and she was unimpressed. :(

Boma is almost consistently good. You will have a wide variety of foods from which to choose, and honestly-if you don't like something, it's no big deal! They take it away. I've even seen some diners speak with a chef and get something specially prepared. :yes:

As Keith says, arrive early so you can enjoy the resort. The "Savannah comes alive after 5:00 pm." :yes: That's what a CM told me on our first visit there and it's true!!!
  10. Isafari

Isafari Wild Animal Expert

I always start with the canadian cheddar cheese soup made with Moosehead beer and smoked bacon.....sounds disgusting but it is delicious.

DH usually starts with the three onion soup.

We then both have Mushroom Filet Mignon - Served with wild mushroom risotto and white truffle-herb butter sauce. DH has it as it comes....I have a plain filet mignon with mash potatoes.

Never managed to get to the desserts yet.....we usually wait and treat ourselves to a pastry from the Boulangerie Patisserie in France later in the evening.

Le cellier now do a Le Cellier Experience - Choose one from each category: Appetizers: Mixed Field Green Salad, Canadian Cheddar Cheese Soup, Spicy Chicken and Chipotle Sausage. Entrees: Pan-seared King Salmon, Herb-crusted Prime Rib, Porcini Mushroom, Ravioli, Mustard-basted All Natural Chicken. Desserts: Maple Creme Brulee, Canadian Chocolate Moose, Seasonal Sorbet. No substitutions. - $36.99 for dinner
    Lunch is a few dollars cheaper.
  11. Tink

Don't forget the pretzel bread!!! :9: :9: Worth the visit just for that! :D :D
  12. keith

DW *LOVES* the pretzel bread there. They're very good about giving us extras as take away too which is nice of them
  13. Tinkfan

Tinkfan Earning my ears

Sounds wonderful ! The Wave isn't for any thing special, we have a ressie for Crystal Palace and we ate at Liberty Tree in March, we also have ressies for Ds at chef Mickeys later in the week. It was mostly by default I guess :yes: ( boy, my typing is bad) I heard that they do away with the fillet during free dining though.
  14. keith

A lot of things mysteriously disappear during free dining. Le cellier used to offer filet + lobster all included on the dining plan... until Disney realised. Some steaks have been removed etc.

Still, Le cellier can be a lot of fun and is probably still the best single dining plan credit meal :yes:

Wave, just isnt great but it's not a disaster either. I'm a HUGE contemporary fan and I wanted something just a bit different from the truly excellent california grill. Well Wave *ISNT* that, nowhere close. I think of it more as a place you'd go to if you were staying at the resort, just got in from travelling and wanted something better than quick service but hadnt got any reservations
  15. Tinkfan

Tinkfan Earning my ears

DH is not that picky, I on the other hand am quite picky. Like you I'm a fair cook and baker ( it comes from all those pesky kids of ours) and i agree, if I can make it better and healthier at home than thats where we'll have it! Disney however is a time that we're able to sit down and enjoy our meals together as a family and talk and relax. With Bens' work schedule and Tylers' sport and school schedule it has sadly become almost impossible. How is Kona cafe or the Grand Floridian Cafe?
  16. Tinkfan

Tinkfan Earning my ears

Gasp, you mean that's not what the foodcourt is at Pop like DS Tyler thinks?! Fine cuisine indeed! :taunt:
  17. keith

:lol:

Actually the food court at the contemporary is arguably better than wave now! They've totally revamped it with electronic ordering and they do some wicked steak sandwiches
  18. Rosie0610

Rosie0610 Imagineer

I've heard some good things about the Wave and now some bad. Tinkfan please let us know how you feel when you come back. I'll be interested in dining here in November!

BTW: I recently ate at the Sushi Bar outside Kona Cafe. They serve the Kona menu and the sushi menu! It was great! No wait and we got to watch them make all the rolls!
  19. Mari

Mari Serious Forum Regular

wow!!

glad you got all the ressies you wanted!

We had dinner in DTD at Cap'n jacks... we really enjoyed it.. the clam chowder was superb... we sat on the bar side of the restaurant and had great views of DTD