1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the Disney & Orlando Secrets Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community...
    It's easy, fast, totally free (and always will be) and you'll be able to start chatting immediately :)

weather in january

Discussion in 'Walt Disney World' started by disnut, Sep 20, 2008.

1. disnut

disnut Imagineer

whats the weather like at wdw in january?

we normally go in the middle of summer but cant next year so looking at different dates. it wont seem the same :(

2. Isafari

Isafari Wild Animal Expert

We have been every year in January for about 5 years now. The weather is just right for us :p015:
    Evenings, you may need a jacket and long trousers but at times it is still very warm. Through the day, we have always worn t/shirts and sometimes shorts apart from one day last year when it was cooler.

3. Beccaberry

Beccaberry She's beccalicious! Forum Host

As your deciding on your dates, you may want to check here for "typical" weather conditions!

4. Tinker

Tinker Addicted to Mickey

Thank You Becca ! Not as cold as I thought it could be . Jim will be 50 on the 9th of January and I was thinking I may try to surprise him for a few nights .

5. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

January can be unseasonably hot! During a January visit (1997) I actually had to purchase additional shorts, as it was too hot! I managed to get a sunburn too. :(

Be prepared to dress in layers. You should plan on running into everything from freezing temperatures, to the 80's! :yes:

6. Skywatcher

Skywatcher Chief Astronomer

we have been 4 times in January - if you are from the UK it is very much like a British Summer ! can be well into the 80's can dip into the 60's. Not much in the way of rain though and the parks are nice and quiet. Was in shorts and t-shirt most of the time. Occasionally going for shorts and a jumper. Can get cool if you stay up to watch firworks