Wednesday... And it's sunny!

Discussion in 'Trip Report Indexes' started by Deafjeff, Sep 25, 2014.

1. Deafjeff

Deafjeff Well-Known Member

Training and Development Manager
    Whoop! The sun is out, and it's hot!

So, after stuffing our faces as usual at breakfast, off we dash to blizzard beach, arriving just at rope drop. Straight up the endless flight of stairs to the big slides at the top, scraping three layers of skin off our backs as we skid along the bottom of the slides, coughing up a lungful of water and almost losing a contact lens and having our swimming short tucked in all unimaginable places which cued lots of short flapping , all in the name of fun!

We do pretty much every slide there is, and then spend a nice 30 minutes on the lazy river. Back on a few more slides and into the wave pool to soak up some sun.

Now that we've had our fun 'top up' ( especially after yesterday's grumpiness) we go back to the hotel for a quick change, and then off to Hollywood studios. Grab a snack (a sandwich the size of our heads). Stephen bites literally into a poison apple.... Someone must have dropped it and got it all bruised. It's happily replaced with a packet of crisps and a banana with profuse apologies.

And off we go again.... FP's for TOT, star tours and a race around RnR.

Dinner at Hollywood and Vine. Can't ever go wrong with a buffet.... Apart from the 1000 calories you take on board. Per plate.

And off to Fantasmic. Straight in, no messing around after passing this interesting stand........ View attachment 18295

Grab a Bud Light each (it's something we do every time we go to Fantasmic). Stephen is sat there with all fingers crossed that the weather stays clear. Which it does.
    View attachment 18296 View attachment 18297

Fantasmic starts, but the subtitles/captions don't. Staff don't seem to know what's going on, so basically it doesn't work throughout the entire show. Frustrating, but at least we've seen it before.

Make a comment to a manager who asks 'what do you need?' Strangest question in the world. What we need is someone to go back in time and fix the technology.
    Cue a heated exchange with said individual, whowe attitude basically stinks. At one point he says "I've asked you three times what you need!' Cue another heated exchange, when all we are looking for is some reassurance that it'll be looked into and we will be given some feedback. So we leave in disgust after being fobbed off with some fastpass tickets. After a chat we decide a formal complaint is warranted and head over to guest relations. The reason I felt the need to make a complaint is that I never felt so'Deaf' in WDW before. Lovely lady called Angela is aghast at what's been said and brings over management who will escalate the issue. Fair play. Also provided with FPs for proffered viewing next time we go to both Illuminations and Wishes. Whoop!

So, we head back feeling a little debated. First time we've ever had to complain about a specific person. Shame really. Still, we long let it affect our holiday, particularly as tomorrow is shopping day at the Mall! :)

Attached Files:

2. Esmeralda

Esmeralda Well-Known Member

Dazzling everyone with my sheer awesomness :D
    I'm glad you did complain, that is not what Walt would have wanted from the CM's :( How awful for you X

3. Britchick

Britchick Well-Known Member

mmm sorry you had that experience and I sincerely hope they speak to the CM involved. It is terrible when people don't understand :hug2:

4. Tink

Tink Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Sounds lovely, until the end. :( I'm really, really sorry that happened, but thank you so much for taking it to Guest Services. That really does matter.

Unfortunately, we've seen more and more managers of the sort that you encountered, who are willing to do nothing other than be nasty and try to make you feel like you are after some free gizmo or perk. :nono:

Are you going to try and see Fantasmic again before you go?

5. Deafjeff

Deafjeff Well-Known Member

Training and Development Manager
    Thanks people. We will be going beck again this weekend as this weekend is the last showing for frozen fireworks

6. piglet

piglet Well-Known Member

clerical
    Oh I'm so sorry this happened, hope it didn't spoil it too much but you did the right thing. Hopefully you'll enjoy it better when you have a friendly CM. I lurve roasted nuts !!!

7. Tony G

Tony G Active Member

Villa Owner
    Home Page:
    Sorry you had to experience that. Isn't that funny? I've only ever had two poor cast member experiences and the worst one was also at Fantasmic... Must be something in the gunpowder!

Unlike you, I didn't think to complain, although it was sorely warranted. You guys did the right thing, don't let it affect the rest of your trip.