1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Well, this portion on the forum seems quite dull!

Discussion in 'Disneyland Resort and California Adventure' started by PsychoAlice, Apr 4, 2011.

1. PsychoAlice

PsychoAlice Resident Anarchist

So I suppose Ill spruce it up a bit!

27 days til Disneyland!

This time around Ill be taking my DD, Craig, his DD (9,who is DYING to go) and his DS (6) who we are nagging to eat well, play hard and get a good nights sleep so he can grow to 48 inches so he can ride everything! We are also holding him to get to those 48 inches as thats a part of the deal for his sister to get to go to Disneyland! Little do they know he is already 48 inches with shoes on but we arent telling them that til May 1st after breakfast and are about ready to head out to get on the plane.

Also in tow will be Craigs parents (celebrating their 60th birthdays while there) Craig sisters and BILs...Im in shock that I am taking a Disney vacation with his family before he has gone with mine! 1 of Craig's sisters lives in Cali already so they will meet us at the airport.

We land about 4pm on May 1st and after we get luggage and rental cars together we will be heading to Venice beach which is about 30 minutes north of LAX so Craig and the kids can see the ocean and we can settle down for a meal at The Cheesecake Factory...meh, I can think of more local things to do but hey I suppose I wont complain much! after dinner Ill Craig the 3 kids and I will be in one car, and the rest of the crew will be in their cars. Ill be heading down PCH (Highway 1, Pacific Coast Highway) for the drive to our Resort. A 2 bedroom Villa at the Grand Californian! 7 of us will be staying there while the rest of the crew is staying at an offsite hotel.

May 2nd, heading to Disneyland for the morning and afternoon and then to Ariel's for dinner at 6pm for our WOC (World of Color) dinning (kinda like fantasmic dinning at DHS.) I figure by the time we get out of of dinner it will be time to head over to get in line for WOC.

May 3rd, havent really planned too much other than Steakhouse 55 in the Oak room at the original Disneyland Hotel, a private dining room for partys over 8, there are 12 of us including a baby. This is a surprise dinner for Craig's parents for their birthdays (less than a week apart.) I have already spoken with the restaurant manager and head chef for this celebration and are very excited to have us!

May 4th, really no plans for this day, catch up on the things we havent done and redo things we would like to see again. Craigs parents and sister and BIL that live in Cali will be heading out this day back to his sisters house for the rest of the week. Craigs other sister and BIL will be staying at DLR for another 3 days. We will be heading back to Colorado VERY early on May 5th.

Crowd report index posts that during our trip it will be a 2 out of 10 (10 being VERY crowded) so I am hoping for minimal to no crowds while we are there!

This trip has been a year in planning and we are all so very excited to see how the kids react when we tell them we are heading to the airport!

Of course I will have camera in tow to get great shots of everything!

Glad to be back and posting here!

<3, Sarah (PA):cheshire::madhatter_bounce:
  2. keith

keith Camera nut Staff Member Administrator Forum Host

YAYA PA!!!! :wiggle:
  3. lisaw

lisaw Serious Forum Regular

:wav::wav::wav:

Sounds fab!
  4. Johnie

Johnie Budget Queen Forum Host

less than a month to go!!! Post lots of pictures!!
  5. Shellyamc

Shellyamc Serious Forum Regular

Woo-hoo!! :bounce: Sounds like an awesome trip :yes:
  6. uscwest

uscwest Senior Cast Member

Sounds like you have a great trip planned.
  7. Dorothy

Dorothy Smiley Herder

Lots and lots of pictures please :thumbsup::yes:

And take notes for a trip report too :D