1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

We're here hurray - The flight

Discussion in 'Trip Reports' started by Sam, May 17, 2013.

1. Sam

Sam Imagineer

Hi guys

I know I haven't reported since we're got here but today is a lazy(ish) day so I thought I'd spend some time letting you know what's going on.

We arrived on Saturday after a pleasant flight. After the last time when we had that horrendous time with Delta, Virgin was fab. The staff, service and food was 100% better apart from one particular jumped up, arrogant steward who didn't have an once of customer service skills. The best of it is I think he was the senior steward.

At one point he came round with the chocolate and sweets and when asked how much the chocolate was the person (my dad's partner) was told to look in the magazine in the pocket in front of her. He was very abrupt and then just walked off not giving her a chance to look. Then later on when my father was filling out his immigration form thingy, he needed to declare that he had food in his checked luggage, cheddar cheese in fact. He was confused as to whether he ticked the box for food or the box for animal products as it was dairy. He made the fatal mistake of asking 'Micheal' Mr arrogant which one to tick and was met with disgust and basically told that he couldn't bring it in and he was stupid to think he could. I had actually checked on the TSA site before hand and phoned to check that it was ok to bring in hard cheese and was told that it was fine, just not soft cheese. When I explained this to 'Mr Arrogant Micheal' he told me I didn't know what I was talking about and that he had been flying in and out of the states for 16 years and you have never been able to bring in dairy products or fruit. Not sure why he kept banging on about fruit. Even though I told him that I had checked he just wouldn't have it. It wouldn't have been so bad if he had said it in a different tone but he raised his voice and kept telling us he knew what he was talking about. Well obviously not as when we arrived we had absolutely no problem with the cheese. Because he kept on about the cheese my dad was starting to panic and was going to take it out of his case when we got them and put it in the bin. For the rest of the flight he was getting stressed about. Even just before we were landing 'Mr Arrogance' went on the intercom and said it three times that you can not bring in dairy or fruit and whilst he was doing it he stared at my dad the whole time.

I really hope that I get the chance to see that nasty piece of work again to put him right. But apart from that everything was great and one particular steward, Chris was fantastic. My dad got his diabetic meal and his partner her gluten meal and both were very nice. I really couldn't fault Virgin at all, except of course 'Micheal' but you always get one don't you.

2. Mari

Mari Serious Forum Regular

glad you had a pleasant flight, apart from the Micheal guy-. can you report him somewhere? does customer service exist anymore anywhere?

3. Dawn

Dawn carpe diem-ing Forum Host

I would be complaining about Michael if I'd come across his attitude.

4. Vikki

Vikki Serious Forum Regular

Me too

5. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

Michael sounds like a complete idiot!

6. Britchick

Britchick Serious Forum Regular

Idiot wouldn't be the word I'd be using!

7. Johnie

Johnie Budget Queen Forum Host

That is just not right :-( I'm sorry you had to deal with that

8. Suebeattie

Suebeattie Addicted to Mickey

I would send an email to virgin about that steward. Or when you come home speak to virgin about him at the airport - you never know your dad might get an upgrade or something.
    Glad the rest of your trip was ok :D

:wiggle:

9. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

I like your positive attitude! In spite of Mr. A you had a great flight.

Now for the A-boy. Definitely report him, preferably in writing. That sort of behavior is uncalled for. If your Dad were a different sort, Mr. A may have precipitated a full blown panic attack. Miserable man.

Hope the return flight is spectacular!