1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

What 5 things do you consider a must

Discussion in 'General' started by jg22524, Jan 6, 2009.

1. jg22524

jg22524 Earning my ears

Sounds great!

2. Johnie

Johnie Budget Queen Forum Host

5 things?

1. Must try the slushies in France. Both kinds because they are both yummy!!

2. Must see Off Kilter when Jaime is there. He was not there last Wed :sorry:

3. Watch the street performers at DHS

4. Sit and enjoy the atmosphere in Epcot and MK especially

5. Meet the characters even if you have no children with you

3. jg22524

jg22524 Earning my ears

Thanks Johnie.

Excuse my ignorance but what is/who is Off Kilter?

4. Johnie

Johnie Budget Queen Forum Host

5. jg22524

jg22524 Earning my ears

Thanks for the link!

6. josh.p.

josh.p. Addicted to Mickey

1.) Fantasmic - In disney hollywood studios. Go here a few hours early as it is brilliant and it packs out REALLY quickly.
    2.) Wishes - Just excellent. It's amazing!
    3.) Spectromagic - Again, a brilliant show, love the experience of seeing the characters and the lights
    4.) Spiderman - This is in Islands of adventure but it is just really cool. It's brilliant.
    5.) The lion king show in Animal kingdom. This is just :Awesome:

Those aren't in any particular order. if I could just pick one it would be the Lion King

7. jg22524

jg22524 Earning my ears

Thanks. Am seriously having issues over what to plan and what tickets to buy:decision:What to people think about Discovery Cove and is the swim with dolphins really worth the money? DH not too keen on the swim and not sure what my 7 year will think? Can those that don't swim watch those that do?

8. jg22524

jg22524 Earning my ears

I don't think I have seen it in people's top 5 lists so maybe it's not that special :shrug1:.

9. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

The original post only stated WDW. :yes: Discovery Cove is not at WDW. :D

There are folks here who have gone to Discovery Cove and had a lovely time. You could start a separate thread for that discussion so it doesn't get lost in this one. :yes:

10. jg22524

jg22524 Earning my ears

Thanks TINK ... you can tell I'm a first timer!:embarassed:

11. Britchick

Britchick Cast Member

no worries Jo, that's why we're here- Orlando has so much to do we all had the same problems when we first went and as you can see we still have loads of questions :yes:

12. jg22524

jg22524 Earning my ears

Thanks ... it's all a bit mind blowing.

13. Tink

Isn't it though! :eek: Being a first timer is wicked exciting though. As corny as it sounds, there will be no time ever like the first time, so don't worry at all about asking as many questions as you need to (or want to!) in order to get your plans made. :yes:

We'll drive you batty if you let us. :D We can tell you what table to ask for at which restaurant, when to queue for a show, when not to bother, what park to visit which day, where to stand for the parades/fireworks, ect.! :lol: In other words, we can be a great help to you, or contribute to the mass confusion so beware! :D

Seriously, one of the best parts of a WDW holiday is the planning and exploring all the options while realizing that you must choose from the wide array of things to do and will have to leave some things undone. :yes: It's just the way it goes.

14. jg22524

jg22524 Earning my ears

Thanks Tink. Part of me wants to get the balance right and am slightly scared of mucking it up! Sounds a bit daft I know but as you say the first time is special. A big thank you for your offers of help, I'll probably be driving you all batty with my questions instead of the other way round.

So question/suggestion request number 1: Hubbie will be celebrating his birthday while we are way (a Friday) do you have any suggestions for a place to go for a birthday meal that is also child friendly as our 7 year old will be with us. His main food loves are seafood, sushi and steaks. Not necessarily together!

Number 2: I hear that it is best to avoid the Parks that have the Extra Magic Hours. We are not in a Disney resort so the EMHs won't be of use to us. Is there a way of finding out which Parks are doing what when?

Thanks.

Jo.

15. Tink

OOOOOH! Birthdays at WDW are fabulous!!! Get him a birthday badge. :yes: It will say Happy Birthday, and his name can be written on it. They are usually available at any WDW park's guest relations although I got my most recent one at the International Gateway ticket booth (World Showcase of EPCOT).

Loads of choices for dinner. Maybe Japan in the World Showcase? He could certainly have a variety there. :yes: We like Cape May's Dinner Buffet for all the shellfish (clams and mussels) shrimp and fish (battered and fried, and another choice that won't be) plus carving beef, chicken, ribs, pasta, veggies, mash, cold salad bar selections, variety of desserts...

Puck's Cafe in Downtown Disney has a nice menu and also has very good sushi. Not so much on seafood and steak however, but a good selection for all that. :yes:

Le Cellier in Canada at the World Showcase will have a great selection of beef, as will another favorite of ours, Yachtsman's Steakhouse at the Yacht Club.

Jiko at Animal Kingdom Lodge has a nice, if a bit unusual menu. The seven year old might not like it overmuch though. :unsure:

Have a look at our menus here and you'll get a feel for what is available. :yes:

As to the other question, I know they are posted but not sure exactly where... the hours, I mean. :sorry:

16. Taja

Taja Earning my ears

Cape May might be a good compromise for dinner, as Tink says. They have a terrific children's section--although they certainly can choose from the main section, as well.

My only issue with Cape May dinner was the selection was heavy on the shellfish, which I'm allergic too. I love fish, just have to avoid shellfish. Trust me, there was enough other food that I didn't go hungry! :)

17. Tink

The original name of the buffet was New England Clambake. :D It's main feature is the shellfish. Years ago they actually offered, lobster, crab legs and steamed oysters too. :yes: (The Lobster and crab were for an extra cost).

18. jg22524

jg22524 Earning my ears

Thanks for all the replies on restaurant suggestions :thumbsup:. Just need to get DH to wear a badge now :laugh2:

19. Tink

If he wears a badge to dinner he'll get a nice birthday dessert (for free)! :D Will that entice him to wear the badge? :D

20. jg22524

jg22524 Earning my ears

It may just :laugh:!

Last edited: Apr 8, 2009