1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Question What acts of kindness have you seen or perhaps done, at Disney?

Discussion in 'Walt Disney World' started by keith, Sep 14, 2013.

1. keith

keith Camera nut Staff Member Administrator Forum Host

After reading Robert's post about strangers talking to him and then buying him dinner after hearing his story, I wondered what other acts of kindness you've witnessed or been a part of at Disney?

2. Vikki

Vikki Serious Forum Regular

Ben lost a hat that his great uncle had given to him on our recent trip and he was devestated. I fortunately found another one and had it delivered to the resort. When I went to pick it up I told the concierge about what'd happened and she asked me to leave the hat with her.

When we returned to our room that evening, the hat was on the table, with lots of decorations, and a card from 'the gang', saying they'd found his hat and wanted to return it to him. Ben was beside himself with excitement.

I went to thank the lady the next day, and mention it to her manager. She said it was things like that that made her job the best in the world.

3. uscwest

uscwest Senior Cast Member

DW and I got to Soarin' one day and got a fast pass. The ride had just opened so we went through the standby line and rode. Then we came back and used our FP. However, they didn't take the FP from us, but rather told us to hold on to it. After our ride we decided that two rides were enough. A couple of young ladies were coming in to try and get FPs which by now were running well into the PM hours. We gave them our still good FPs. You would have thought we had given them the world. We've had this happen to us before so I guess this was just one way to pay it forward.

Figment likes this.
  4. Slowhand

Slowhand Cruise Director Forum Host

A memorable moment happened to me this year.
    A friend of mine has a 4/5 year old grand daughter who has had cancer resulting in her being in and out of hospital for ages having chemo along with several other unpleasant treatments, but she has nevertheless been very brave throughout and always had a smile on her face.
    Before we left for Florida I asked him if she had a favourite Disney character so that I could bring her a little something back for her, and he told me that both the little girl and her sister loved anything to do with the princesses.
    After purchasing a few items from the World of Disney Store, we then decided to get a couple of "stocking fillers" from the "cheap store" [can`t recall its name] in DTD, one of which were colouring books.
    When I went to pay for the items, the CM and I had some banter when she told me to make sure that I coloured within the lines etc.. :lol: I then told her who the books were really for and told her about the little girl. On hearing this, she refused to take any money from me and handed be the items with her best wishes. She then went on to give me a couple of Disney birthday pins for the girls and wrote on them below their names "With love from your Disney friends".
    Now I`m not known for being over sentimental, but this immediately brought a tear to my eye at the thought of such kindness and compassion and I will never forget that moment...truly a piece of Disney magic for sure.

Esmeralda, Badlydrawnkel and uscwest like this.
  5. Watchinherskip

Watchinherskip Better known as "That Guy"

Like John, on a very busy night at MK, we were getting FPs to Space Mountain. There was a huge line all day. CMs were working on the printer on the machine and ran off like a dozen of them and gave them to our party. We only needed 3. It was so cool to be able to hand them out to guests in the line to go right into the que. It was nice to be part of the delivery of magic.

Esmeralda likes this.
  6. eeyorewells

eeyorewells AKA "Mr Vikki"

We were in the art of animation buildin waiting for the show. A teenager spotted that Ben had pins and came across and asked if he would trade, we explained that Ben was just starting to collect and that the pins he had were special because they were from each of the big rides. The boy then went back to his mum but a few minutes later he came back with his bumper pack of pins. He sat down and showed Ben and Ava all of the pins he collected over the years. After showing them all he said to Ben "As you are just starting from one collector to another please pick put any pin you like from the pack." Ben was excited and picked a donald duck one. A really nice gesture from a complete stranger.....where else would you find a teenager that would do that with no other motive than just to be kind. Makes you remember it's not just the place that is special it's the people who visit and work at Disney that make it special.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2013
    Pixie-Ro and Esmeralda like this.
  7. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

Ah now! That is a sweet thing to have happened. And you are so right. People (whether Disney employee or guest) can make the visit very special.

8. Vikki

Mr Vikki (love that still), is right. That boy was just so sweet to Ben and Ava, he really made their day.

9. disney-fan

disney-fan Imagineer

I always try to help people take photos so they can have family photos
    We also pass on fast passes if we leave the park before the ride time

keith likes this.
  10. Britchick

Britchick Cast Member

us too, also we've bought people meals with our spare dining tokens and when we got 20% off merchandise vouchers we gave them to other people just before we left

11. Vikki

I sent our story to the WDW radio newsletter and it's going to be featured in their magical moments section, so keep an eye out of you subscribe to it :)

12. Esmeralda

Esmeralda Serious Forum Regular

It's not Disney related but I wanted to share this. 2 Months ago we got a phone call from the USA telling us that Alan's dad was in hospital and was in a very poorly way and wasn't going to be coming out :( We literally had just days to find a flight and book it, which surprisingly was extremely hard to find and it wasn't even peak season.

It was touch and go whether Alan would make it in time, we eventually got a last minute, practically on the wing of the plane cruddy seat to Detroit. At the airport here in the UK Alan got talking to a fellow American and it came up that Alan was dashing to see his dying father and hoped he would make it in time, we were really sweating on this. As he boarded the plane the gentleman he'd been chatting to offered to swap seats with Alan..... HE was in first class! Alan said no etc but the man insisted. So Alan thanked him profusely and flew first class all the way to Detroit thanks to this kind man. He tried to give the man his *better* meals etc but the cabin crew said they couldn't do that. That poor man had to fly all that way in Alan's cramped last of the seats seat. And yes... Alan was able to spend four days with his father.

13. Vikki

That's wonderful :)

14. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

That is a lovely story, Esme.