1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

what advantages to buying a disneyworld annual pass?

Discussion in 'Tickets, Offers and Discounts' started by buzzchamp, May 20, 2011.

1. buzzchamp

buzzchamp Imagineer

We normally buy 14nighters but wondering about an annual pass?

What discounts or other advantages would we get other than the obvious one of being able to go any day we like for a year?

2. uscwest

uscwest Senior Cast Member

Some of the things offered to AP holders include a 10% discount at World of Disney, discounts at various eating places at WDW, resort discounts, the ability to purchase the Tables in Wonderland Card which gets you a 20% discount on food and drink at most sit down restaurants as well as most food courts, and lounges and if you are staying off site, FREE PARKING.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2011
  3. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

We normally buy one AP and one 21 day ticket (we live in the UK). Only a couple of times have we both had APs and that was because we went twice within 12 months.

An ordinary AP does not include the water parks, you will have to pay to go into these - it doesn't bother us as we don't use them.

The reason why we only have one is that we can get all the benefits of being an AP holder, especially the free parking as we stay offsite and at $14 a day it soon adds up.

If you are going to time your holiday so that you go this year and then next year you go a few weeks earlier then you really save :yes:

I think it depends on how many days you will be visiting the parks whether or not it is worth it for you though :)

4. DisneyFreak

DisneyFreak Serious Forum Regular

10% discounts at stores throughout WDW
    10-20% discounts for food throughout WDW
    Free Parking
    Access to special merchandise (example: Star Tours t-shirts and pins designed for passholders only for Star Tours Weekends)
    Discounts on behind the scenes tours
    15% off Dolphin encounter at Nemo & Friends
    Discounts off spa treatments
    plus many more........

We bought Florida Resident annual passes last July. We have gone to the parks in July, October, November, December, February, this month and again next month. We have determined we have averaged a cost of about $8 a day to get into the parks over this time.

5. disneyeater

disneyeater Earning my ears

The 20% Tables in Wonderland Discount my make it worth it alone with 14 days at WDW. Depending how you eat (and drink) that may be worth it.

6. lisaw

lisaw Serious Forum Regular

We are going for 18 nights and will visit a park most of those days. I buy one basic annual pass for myself as I don't do the waterparks and DH and the kids have 21 day tickets which include the waterparks and a round of golf at Oak Trail which DH and DS take advantage of.

This allows me to buy the TIW card for $75 to get 20% off most onsite restaurants and 10% off in some shops.

7. keith

keith Camera nut Staff Member Administrator Forum Host

Biggest advantage to me is it makes me smile for the year every time I open my wallet and see it :lol:

...but I do love tables in wonderland, discount at the downtown disney cinema, discount at crazy golf and so on

8. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

Don't forget there are also opportunities to book your resort stay with an Annual Pass discount. They vary as to which hotel they apply, and how much off, but they can be a substantial savings. That combined with the food discount can more than make up for the silly DDP. :D :D

9. WDW Vet

WDW Vet Forum Advertiser

If you have an annual pass reservation you can now add the Disney Dining Plan and it gives AP 10% off 70 locations.