1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

What age is adult in disney?

Discussion in 'Walt Disney World' started by goofygal, Mar 29, 2011.

1. goofygal

goofygal Imagineer

For ticketing and meals and things what age does a child get to before theyre considered an adult? Im not trying to be cheap it's just we have a 10yr old who wont eat adult portions
  2. chief

chief Earning my ears

sorry adult is usually 9!!!!! its terrible i know. im not sure how 10 you 10 year old looks if he is or she is just 10 im not sure if you can get away with it but if they are nearly 11 ??? next year when we go back i will have a 10 and 13 year old and tom is the tallest in his class!! no getting away with it for me i think. some places may have an older child age if you find out let me know lol x
  3. uscwest

uscwest Senior Cast Member

And what kind of example are you setting for your child if you lie about their age. Yes this is a problem, but the rules are the rules. Personally I think that the child rate should linger until at least age 12.
  4. foreverducky

foreverducky Addicted to Mickey

I do believe that Disney should raise the adult age to 12 as well.
  5. lisaw

lisaw Serious Forum Regular

I agree that the age should be at least 12 but it's always been like that.

Tbh we have found that the tickets we buy aren't a great deal more for adults anyway and as for meals any place where you choose of a menu we didn;t have any problem with out then 11 year old eating off the kids menus. It's only the buffets where you are charged an adult price.

This is the very reason we are not doing very many Disney buffets this year and are sticking to places with menus as we now have 2 'adults' with us! (13 and 10!!)