1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

What age would you let your child do single rider?

Discussion in 'Walt Disney World' started by Vikki, Aug 14, 2013.

1. Vikki

Vikki Serious Forum Regular

I've just been through the single rider line on Test Track and there was a family in front of me with a child who couldn't have been older than 6. Obviously they were split up, but Ben is 6 and I'd never let him do single rider.

So I was just wondering, how old do you think is a good age to let them do it?
  2. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

It does depend upon the child, but no I'd not allow a 6 year on on a single rider line. 12ish maybe? :unsure:
  3. Dawn

Dawn carpe diem-ing Forum Host

Steven is 10 and I know for a fact no way would he ride alone.
  4. Britchick

Britchick Serious Forum Regular

It does depend on the child, Daniel didn't want to do it at 13 but Caitlin in December went in rides on her own while I waited outside. They need to be able to deal with unplanned stuff happening I think without panicking, rides do break down, they could get lost getting off etc
  5. uscwest

uscwest Senior Cast Member

I have to say that this is a tough and really depends on the child. Some children are OK to do it at younger ages but most are probably not until they are at least 11 or 12. I don't know if Disney has any take on this or not, especially since they changed the age for a child to be alone in the park not too long ago.
  6. Shellyamc

Shellyamc Serious Forum Regular

I would probably have to go with the 12ish age :yes: I know a friend of mine sent her son on with her Dad and her Dad chickened out and didn't ride. So they waited where they "thought" the ride let out and it turns out that it didn't. Her son was walking around the building trying to find them and they found him pretty quick, but you need a child with a level head who is going to remember what to do when something unexpected happens.
  7. Johnie

Johnie Budget Queen Forum Host

Depends on the child. Alysia would have been fine at 8 or 9 but she was a big chicken then lol
  8. susanm

susanm Imagineer

guess it depends on the ride.... i took a niece when she was 6 yrs old...and all she wanted to do at MK was the carousel. like 20 times that day... we did it 3-4 times, then i suggested small world...back to caroussel...3-4 more times -- how about peter pan....back to caroussel...how about snow white...back to caroussel....after 3 times i stood on the side and left her go herself....but that is different...she wasn never really out of my site for more than a few seconds...got to see her as the ride went around....something like splash mtn...i would prob go with her even if i didnt like it...unless it was an upside down coaster....or dark ride...then i would try to talk them out of it