1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

What Airport from Gatwick to Orlando

Discussion in 'Transportation & Travel' started by mouseterpiece, Aug 23, 2011.

1. mouseterpiece

mouseterpiece Earning my ears

Years ago, we flew into Miami and drove up to Orlando. I don't fancy this with a 3 year old, so I was wondering what airport you fly into, I understand there are 2, I know about the main one, but where is the other one?

Which one would you recommend?
  2. Dawn

Dawn carpe diem-ing Forum Host

The other one is Sanford which is a little bit further out from the Disney area than the main MCO airport. I've only ever flown into MCO as we always use Virgin flights. Apparently Sanford is less busy and takes less time to get through but only charter airlines fly in there.
  3. mouseterpiece

mouseterpiece Earning my ears

Ok thanks, charter flights, that's Thompson, Thomas Cook, companies like that isn't it :unsure:

I would love to be able to fly with Virgin as we did last time and it was a fantastic experience, but I've heard they've gone downhill a bit as they tighten their belts.
  4. katycoco

katycoco Imagineer

Hi,
    Monarch fly in to sfb. From lgw. They are very good. My friend has just returned and flew with virgin. He wasn't too impressed with the service.

But I am byest as I work for monarch. They have just announced that they will be flying to orlando all year round to.

Kate
  5. Kate

Kate Serious Forum Regular

Ive only ever flown with virgin into orlando international too
  6. Dawn

Dawn carpe diem-ing Forum Host

I recently flew Monarch to Cyprus which is about 4 hours and it was ok, though I'd definitely need a wider seat if on a longer flight - bit of a tight squeeze and I'm pretty average width. Mr A was very uncomfortable with the armrest down and definitely would not put up with such a small space on a longer flight.
  7. katycoco

katycoco Imagineer

Monarch have a premium cabin. with wider seats. But I don't know about the rear cabin. As the sfb flights are on the a330 which is the long haul aircraft. Maybe they are different seats from the other aircraft in the monarch fleet.

Kate
  8. Deafjeff

Deafjeff Serious Forum Regular

I would recommend international not the Stanford. Especially if you are not driving and Disney magical express is wonderful thing to use as it does put you in the 'Disney mood' :yes:

I flew with Monarch once and sadly we vowed not to fly with them again. For Orlando it always Virgin.

The bonus for us with virgin is twilight zone check in at Gatwick.
  9. chief

chief Earning my ears

we flew virgin last year and have booked with virgin again for next year. i thought it was great last year so fingers crossed we will be just as pleased next year:yes:
  10. Britchick

Britchick Serious Forum Regular

The other option is BA gatwick to Tampa which is an hour /hour and a half away.