1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

what and where is celebration disney?

Discussion in 'General' started by disney1sttimer, Jun 16, 2010.

1. disney1sttimer

disney1sttimer Earning my ears

more stupid questions :taunt: I keep hearing about celebration, what and where is it? Whats there to do and is it worth going to?

2. arkvilla

arkvilla Addicted to Mickey

Attached Files:

3. Slowhand

Slowhand Cruise Director Forum Host

We always make a point of visiting Celebration at least once when we go to Florida.
    We enjoy having dinner there at the Columbia Restaurant, and Sundays are also nice when they have a market in [guess where?]....yep, Market Street! :lol:

Over the festive season "snow" falls on Market Street and it also is a nice time to visit as there are carol singers and an excellent Father Christmas.
    During the Fall, the "snow" is replaced by a fall of leaves and whoever nabs the gold ones earns a prize.

It`s a bit like a film set to me [think Stepford Wives] and there are loads of restrictions placed on the property owners who live there. I don`t think I`d like to own a property there but it`s nice to visit anyhow, even if it`s just for a walk around the lake....beware of the alligators though as there are at least 2 in that lake! :shocked:

4. Isafari

Isafari Wild Animal Expert

We have a short video HERE of Celebration

5. Johnie

Johnie Budget Queen Forum Host

It reminds me of the neighborhood in the tv show, Desperate Housewives.

6. daveann

daveann Addicted to Mickey

It's a lovely place to relax it's so quiet and sitting on a rocking chair watching the lake is a must :)

7. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

Arkvilla, your little boy is so cute! :lol: I know he's soaked, but I hope he enjoyed the coolness of being wet on a hot Florida day?

Celebration is a cute little place to visit and stroll, for sure. They have any number of "festivals" throughout the year, some more fun than others. We particularly like the car show when they bring in the Ferraris, and cars of that calibre. :D

There are many places to eat there, but we've yet to find one that is consistently good. One time the food will be nice, the next time it won't. Odd.

Sunday morning sees a small farmer's market (although not a true one) in the center of the village area.